Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 "Could Not Activate iPhone" iOS 7

My iPhone 5 wont activate after installing iOS 7 on itunes, it keeps saying Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server could not be reached. it told me to come here! and i am really annoyed and worried.

iPhone 5, iOS 7, Vodafone UK

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 1:05 PM

74 replies

Sep 18, 2013 1:16 PM in response to joshdouch

This just happened to me, too! I'm freaking out! I was on iOS 7 beta, and I tried downgrading to iOS 6.1.4, but I realized that they probably stopped signing iOS 6 when they released iOS 7 today, so of course it's not going to work. So, I put my phone in DFU mode and restored, which put the official iOS 7 on it, but it still says cannot be activated! I hope it's just because the servers are busy! Let me know if you get it to work.

Sep 18, 2013 2:10 PM in response to elisei-petrica

Millions of people around the world are trying to download a big piece of firmware at the same time. Patience. Try again later, or tomorrow.

I tried to download to my Mini and hit the overload roadblock. My phone is too critical to my life to chance it getting hung up. I have lived with 6.1.X for a year, so I think I can make it another day.

George

iPhone 5 "Could Not Activate iPhone" iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.