Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long iOS 7 download via iTunes 11.1 (14 hours remaining...)

Hello all.

I am downloading iOS 7 via iTunes (updated to 11.1) on my Mac. It currently shows as 14 hours remaining: I started just after 7pm UK time, it is now 9pm. 154.4MB of 1.12 GB (gulp) done. The download is moving along, albeit slowly. If I cancel the download and start again is it possible it will go faster or is it best to just leave this running/try again tomorrow? Not in a huge rush; however, as I am already in the "queue" I am happy to have it ticking away in the background as I work.

Thank you for your time.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 1:16 PM

7 replies

Sep 19, 2013 7:25 AM in response to augustwave79

Thank you for your input.

Just to conclude the thread, in the end I accidentally pressed "pause" on that initial download which made it go all the way back to the beginning. So I cancelled it, quit iTunes and when prompted selected "Download now" and the iOS 7 software downloaded in 3 minutes. Obviously the previously started download was corrupted or lagging for some reason, it should never take so long on a reasonable WiFi connection.

Long iOS 7 download via iTunes 11.1 (14 hours remaining...)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.