Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Apple ID PROBLEM

Just got the new iOS. Pretty. Here's my problem...I changed my apple ID a few months ago because my old email was a college one that I no longer have access to. My phone, and now my computer, are asking me to sign into my old one now and I can't. I think it's totally disabled because my old password doesn't work and it doesn't even recognize my birthday. How do I get my new one back?! I can log in with it on the apple website. Everything was fine before I installed iOS 7!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 1:22 PM

9 replies

Sep 19, 2013 3:29 AM in response to CmdGriff

Hi,

probably this could solve the problem (it worked for me):

go to "iCloud" in the settinings, then deactivate the "Search/Find"-button. Now push the "Erase Account"-Button(sorry, I don't know wether this is the right term in English).

You should be asked what you want to do with your data. I pushed "save to iphone". After saving the data I was able to type in my actual Apple-ID plus password. Apple-ID was changed without problem, my saved data was synced to my account's data, that's it.

Message was edited by: JayEm Mixr

Sep 19, 2013 3:59 AM in response to n1w1n

Hmm, first i tried my old ID's password. After some unsuccesful tries, i pressed the "Erase Account"-button. It said i had to deactivate the "Search/Find"-button, which i did. There was no password required. I chose "Save data to iphone", was able to delete the old ID, put in the right one - bingo.

I'm not a freak, I just played around, to be honest. And I got no idea if this is reproducable. I will find out updating my ipad later 😀.

Message was edited by: JayEm Mixr

Nov 16, 2013 7:29 AM in response to CmdGriff

I waited until IOS7.0.4(11B554a) to avoid such problems... but its not fixed yet. I hit the exact same problem as first post. The posted fix worked, but i will clarify steps i took below:

0. I tried to "reset pswd" before consulting this forum. that did not work. the email was never sent.

1. bypass the apple ID screen... it warns you something wont work, but ignore it.

2. go to settings, icloud, scroll to bottom - hit delete or erase. confirm yes to the warning.

(apparently the search part of the problem has been fixed as i had to do nothing with search).

3. set up new iCloud account with your new Apple ID and password. Merge your data from your phone into iCloud.

4. power off, and restart. enter screen lock pswd, it will then ask for your password with your correct AppleID - and your password will work.

Killed my Sat morning, but at least I now up again...

Bob

iOS 7 Apple ID PROBLEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.