Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios7 lock code

I just upgraded to IOS7 without any issues. I was supprised that it did not take longer actually. I'm only having one issue. I want to put a lock code on the phone. I can go to Settings->General->Passcode Lock and enter a passcode, but when I lock the phone, I do not have to enter a code for it to unlock. If I set the auto-lock to one minute, the phone will lock and ask for the passcode when I unlock it, but only if I wait for one minute. I must be missing something simple.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 6:47 PM

There are two settings for passcode lock

1. Auto-lock: This just tells the phone when to lock the phone when left alone (ie. 1 minute)

2. Passcode Lock: This tells the phone when to prompt for a passcode when awakended.

Set Passcode Lock = Immediate and it will always prompt after going to a lock screen, manually or 1 minute automatically

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2013 6:47 PM in response to brandonjones1980

There are two settings for passcode lock

1. Auto-lock: This just tells the phone when to lock the phone when left alone (ie. 1 minute)

2. Passcode Lock: This tells the phone when to prompt for a passcode when awakended.

Set Passcode Lock = Immediate and it will always prompt after going to a lock screen, manually or 1 minute automatically

Oct 16, 2013 1:57 PM in response to brandonjones1980

Ok.. I have 2 iPhone 5 devices (not the newer S or C versions)... and one has the "never" option under auto lock - which is what I want...BUT.... the other only has up to 5 mins? NEVER is not in the list??

The obvious is a restore - but am I over looking something?

I had read this thread and there is nothing in here that seems to address why one phone has the NEVER option in the list... while the other does not.

Thoughts..?

ios7 lock code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.