Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOs 7 refusing to install ?? Need my phone for business now whats up apple?

Today I updated my iTunes to 11.1 and it refused to do so also but eventually I got it up and going then I went and downloaded iOs 7 through iTunes which worked fine untill it came time to install it , it got like 5% of the way then crashed and gave me an error i didn't look closely bur im guessing it is 9006 now my phone is locked on the black update screen with the the apple. This is beyond frustarating I needed my phone about an hour ago I run my own **** business and bought an iPhone for the fact that they claim to make everything user friendly and simple for everyone first iTunes takes an Arm and a Leg to download and now iOs refuses to go on good thing I backed up my phone. I really need some help here urgently and am open to anything. Also will I still mainain my contacts when the update is done because im not even sure I want to use my backup if it works just for fear of something screwing up and my phone being unusable. I really need help urgently.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:30 PM

there is a massive amount of traffic trying to go through apple's servers right now. this is causing issues for a lot of users, and is probably contributing to your issue. this will be cleared up once there are less people attempting to update and activate ios7. until then, the only option is to wait. sorry for your frustration, but unfortunately it seems there are a lot of users that are experiencing the same issue as you.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2013 2:30 PM in response to JoshD7

there is a massive amount of traffic trying to go through apple's servers right now. this is causing issues for a lot of users, and is probably contributing to your issue. this will be cleared up once there are less people attempting to update and activate ios7. until then, the only option is to wait. sorry for your frustration, but unfortunately it seems there are a lot of users that are experiencing the same issue as you.

Sep 18, 2013 2:35 PM in response to pvonk

I don't know what error I got I closed out of iTunes completely and almost put a whole through my wall , this phones runs my entire business and I did back it up but im worried im not gonna get my contacts back still. Thats the only thing that matters to me I will drop back down to 6 if I have to I really just can't lose these contacts.

iOs 7 refusing to install ?? Need my phone for business now whats up apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.