Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to iOS 7 but can't agree to new terms and conditions for iCloud, says it wont connect to server? what does this mean? what do i do?!

I updated the new iOS 7 on my iPhone 4s, i had changed my icloud and apple id a couple months ago, but to change anything on the iCloud settings you have to accept the terms and conditions (new) but everytime i try to it says "cannot connect to server" or something along those lines. is it just my phone? what should i do? someone help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:21 PM

47 replies

Sep 19, 2013 7:09 AM in response to AJD6

This happened to me on my iPad. I solved it by shutting down the Find Friends app (double tap the Home button and then swipe up the app's window until it disappears) and then relaunching it; when I did that, I had to log back in and then the terms and conditions page appeared directly within the app and the 'Agree' option was now available. See if it works for you, I hope so.

Sep 19, 2013 9:58 AM in response to amm29544

I had the same problem, and it was only after trying all the other things in this thread that I realized what my problem was. If none of those have worked so far, try this:

Go to Settings,

then go to General,

then go to Restrictions and make sure restrictions are turned OFF. Once you do this, you can go back to the main Settings menu and select iCloud and then there should be a button saying there are new Terms and Conditions to accept. After you accept them you can go back and turn the Restrictions on again if that's your security preference, but until you do that your phone won't let you make ANY changes to iCloud, including see and accept the new Terms.

Sep 21, 2013 1:19 AM in response to amm29544

None of these things work for me, I'm so stuck!

I updated to iOS7 this afternoon, before doing so I backed everything up and cleared off a bunch of photo's so I had space. Everything had been working fine.

A few months ago I'd updated my apple ID to my new email address and it had worked fine. Now, my old email is my Apple ID and it won't let me rest it (my DOB is apparently wrong and there is no email address it's now connected to). My iTunes is connected to the correct account but the iCloud ID is still the wrong one.

I've tried the 'find my friends' app and it gave me new T&C's but still, the old apple ID

I've tried the restrictions, but that didn't work either

I can't restore the phone until 'find my iPhone' is off, but I can't log in to do that

IT'S LIKE A TERRIBLE CYCLE OF STUPIDNESS

Can anyone suggest anything before I thrrow this stupid phone at the wall??

Updated to iOS 7 but can't agree to new terms and conditions for iCloud, says it wont connect to server? what does this mean? what do i do?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.