Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 music app and functionality

Good morning apple community.

7am here in Australia, thankfully updated my iPhone and ipad to iOS 7 without a hitch at 4am.

I do love the new slick look of it all.

My question though is anyone else having problem with the apple music app not playing all songs one after the other.

Driving to work this morning decided to test the app out, played the first song and expected it to just play the next ones after the first had finished.

Nothing....

I had to physically go into the app and play the next song.

On the previous software it was easy to just select the repeat to play all songs using the circular arrow.

Can't seem to figure this out after sitting for awhile playing around with the app.

Any suggestions from anyone else who's been able to keep the app playing all songs?

Also how does everyone like the look of the changes in iOS 7 so far?

I quite like the look, it's simple but the timing to the home screen seems to lag a little. And took me forever to figure out how to shut down apps.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:39 PM

10 replies

Sep 19, 2013 11:46 AM in response to kahlia.nuia

I do miss the detail that was put into the small appearance in icons and other things, but a lot of thought went into the iOS7 and it seems to function well. I have noticed a bug in the music app though. If you happen to be listening to an audio book, and double click the home button and havn't selected the music app pane in a while, the auido book will jump to the last place it thinks you were playing at even though you are already listening to it at the moment. It's random, but I've got it to do it twice. So far my other work stuff works fine.

Sep 19, 2013 1:44 PM in response to kahlia.nuia

I have iTunes Match. I noticed a problem when I first installed iOS7. I don't have Match turned on on my phone, but after installing iOS7, the default postion for the player was to show "All" music. Seemed that there were some LTE connection interruptions during my drive accross town and it kept halting playback. When I found that setting regarding "Show All Music" and turned it off... I haven't had the playback interruptions. I don't know if this is similar to your problem, but check it out.

Sep 19, 2013 2:27 PM in response to tlgood

I think the whole ios7 upgrade is a little buggy, but that happened with the last major update. Apple will fix it eventually for now il just wait.

Your suggestion worked well when in all songs.

But when in iTunes when I search an artists and click on all their songs, it doesn't play one after the other and I can't seem to press next. Unsure why but it used to work before.

These are only minor issues for me.

iOS 7 music app and functionality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.