Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trust this Computer?

I installed iOS 7 this morning, and now with every restart of my iPad - if it is plugged into my iMac - I am asked "Trust This Computer?" I restarted 3 times, and was asked each time. Is this something that we will see every time we sync our tablets and phones?

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:54 PM

179 replies

Sep 20, 2013 7:37 AM in response to JohnPaulWilliam

As mentioned above, this problem has somehow been eradicated for me. I'm not sure exactly what fixed the issue for me, but I can say I did the following things - in this exact order - after which the issue was no more:

1) Installed the latest version of iTunes (11.1).

2) Ran a number of system maintenance tasks, for which I use the application "OnyX". In particular, I verified "S.M.A.R.T status" and "structure of volume", then verify/repair "System Permissions", then ran daily, weekly, and monthly "Scripts", then ran a rebuild of "LaunchServices", then ran a number of "Cleaning" tasks (including all "System, User, and Misc." tasks).

3) Restarted my iPhone, my iPad, and the computer used to sync these devices (my iMac).

I'm not sure if one (or any) of these things rectified the problem for me, but I'm sure delighted it's been rectified.

Hope this helps.

Sep 20, 2013 11:24 AM in response to JohnPaulWilliam

At least you're getting prompted. I updated yesterday and it has yet to prompt me either on my work PC (win 7) or my macbook pro at home. I've reset the settings already. Until you trust a device it won't show up as a drive when you connect it to your PC. So if I want to get a photo off of it from my work PC (that doesn't have iTunes configured) i have to email the pic to me.

Anyone else encountered this?

Trust this Computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.