1 2 3 Previous Next 165 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2014 8:39 AM by igwanna Branched to a new discussion.
JohnPaulWilliam Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I installed iOS 7 this morning, and now with every restart of my iPad - if it is plugged into my iMac - I am asked "Trust This Computer?" I restarted 3 times, and was asked each time. Is this something that we will see every time we sync our tablets and phones?

• 1. Re: Trust this Computer?
    xXxDieselxXx Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having the exact same issue after I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7.

I normally charge my phone connecting it to my laptop and I have to plug and unplug as I walk way from my office.

Every time will prompt "trust this computer".

Is there a way to disable this?

- Thanks in Advance -

• 2. Re: Trust this Computer?
    ToXXuS Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

yep, i have the same on 4s

Update to IOS7 on iMac, now try to connect to my MacBook, and see this s*

• 3. Re: Trust this Computer?

Happily, this problem seems to have solved itself; it no longer asks me if I trust my computer. All is well again.

• 4. Re: Trust this Computer?

Interesting I'm still having the same issue.

• 5. Re: Trust this Computer?
    varjak paw Level 10 Level 10 (169,765 points)

This is a new security feature in iOS 7. You should only see the message the first time you connect an iOS device to your computer, assuming you tap the "Trust" button.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5868

Regards.

• 6. Re: Trust this Computer?

Hi Yes, I tried multiple times tapping "trust" and no matter what it keeps popping out.

• 7. Re: Trust this Computer?
    JerryOnTheBlock Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I've hit the trust button about 10 times over the past 2 days since updateing to IOS7. Doesn't seem to remember.

• 8. Re: Trust this Computer?
    asdasdsaddsa Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

If your still going through this issue try;

- turning your device off/on

- settings > general > reset (scroll down) > reset all settings

note. reset all settings only resets settings and not personal data. things like wifi settings, ringtone settings etc

• 9. Re: Trust this Computer?
    chevycub78 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am also having the same issue on my iPhone 5 after the iOS7 Update. How can this be set to stop asking everytime?

• 10. Re: Trust this Computer?
    chevycub78 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

"

If your still going through this issue try;

- turning your device off/on

- settings > general > reset (scroll down) > reset all settings "

THIS DOES NOTHING TO HELP!! Very annoying.

• 11. Re: Trust this Computer?

As mentioned above, this problem has somehow been eradicated for me. I'm not sure exactly what fixed the issue for me, but I can say I did the following things - in this exact order - after which the issue was no more:

1) Installed the latest version of iTunes (11.1).

2) Ran a number of system maintenance tasks, for which I use the application "OnyX". In particular, I verified "S.M.A.R.T status" and "structure of volume", then verify/repair "System Permissions", then ran daily, weekly, and monthly "Scripts", then ran a rebuild of "LaunchServices", then ran a number of "Cleaning" tasks (including all "System, User, and Misc." tasks).

3) Restarted my iPhone, my iPad, and the computer used to sync these devices (my iMac).

I'm not sure if one (or any) of these things rectified the problem for me, but I'm sure delighted it's been rectified.

Hope this helps.

• 12. Re: Trust this Computer?
    Ashkin83 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

At least you're getting prompted.  I updated yesterday and it has yet to prompt me either on my work PC (win 7) or my macbook pro at home.  I've reset the settings already.  Until you trust a device it won't show up as a drive when you connect it to your PC.  So if I want to get a photo off of it from my work PC (that doesn't have iTunes configured) i have to email the pic to me. 

Anyone else encountered this?

• 13. Re: Trust this Computer?
    Ralph9430 Level 6 Level 6 (13,285 points)

This warning seems to come up when using non Apple Certified third party cables. If you have a non Apple certified cable connecting your device to your computer replace it with one certified by Apple. This can be an Apple branded cable or one manufactured by another company. Just make sure the cable is certified.

• 14. Re: Trust this Computer?
    Ashkin83 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm using the apple cable that came with it.  It's frustrating because my phone isn't showing up an an external device when plugged in.

1 2 3 Previous Next