Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to get the notification screen in iOS 7 to show the weather? Not showing on my phone, and the weather app doesn't show in the notification dialog.

I am not seeing the weather in the notifications for 'today'. The weather app doesn't show up in the notifications dialog either. What to do?

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 3:09 PM

10 replies

Sep 18, 2013 3:25 PM in response to rphunte42

First make sure that Weather is listed in Notification Center, mine is a the very end of the list. If it's not go below to the Do Not Include list and see if it's there. If it is manually turn it on to appear in the main list.

Now when I swipe down from the home screen I get the date and any Today events, and below that a weather forecast stating the high and low for the day. If none of that is showing try shutting down and restarting your phone and see if that appears also make sure the Weather app is on one of your home screens, launch it from there and that alone may set everything up.

Sep 18, 2013 3:46 PM in response to Pappasbike

Pappasbike wrote:

First make sure that Weather is listed in Notification Center, mine is a the very end of the list. If it's not go below to the Do Not Include list and see if it's there. If it is manually turn it on to appear in the main list.

Now when I swipe down from the home screen I get the date and any Today events, and below that a weather forecast stating the high and low for the day. If none of that is showing try shutting down and restarting your phone and see if that appears also make sure the Weather app is on one of your home screens, launch it from there and that alone may set everything up.

The weather app is just not listed. I did a soft reset, no improvement. I'm at a loss for anything else to try. Since the app is a system app, I can't delete and reload it.

This is hardly an earthshattering problem, but it bugs me.

Sep 19, 2013 6:11 AM in response to sjgannon

sjgannon wrote:

I am having this same problem. Weather doesn't show on the Today view. I've tried everything you mentioned, but still doesn't work. Any ideas?

When I updated my wife's iPhone this morning, I had the problem again, even though the location service was on for that app. Found that the app wasn't contacting the server for my actual location. I live in a suburb of a major city, and the data for the major city was updated, but that for the suburb was not, and the location said that wasn't close enough, I guess. When the server came online, the data went into the notification screen.

Sep 19, 2013 10:32 AM in response to rphunte42

Just wanted to add this for anyone else looking for answers, as I had the thing where the weather info flashed for a split-second and then vanished. Wasn't even long enough to read it.

My problem was that I had the WRONG weather app in Notification center. It is the Yahoo one that the NC pulls from. I had another app named Weather in the Setting--> Notification Center, but once I removed that (and the Yahoo one does NOT appear on my list) then the info appeared.

Sep 19, 2013 2:46 PM in response to Cynthia Delmar

Cynthia Delmar wrote:

Just wanted to add this for anyone else looking for answers, as I had the thing where the weather info flashed for a split-second and then vanished. Wasn't even long enough to read it.

My problem was that I had the WRONG weather app in Notification center. It is the Yahoo one that the NC pulls from. I had another app named Weather in the Setting--> Notification Center, but once I removed that (and the Yahoo one does NOT appear on my list) then the info appeared.

My sister in law just had a problem with the weather app not accessing the servers. No weather data was available, so it wasn't in the notification screen. I cycled the setting in the location dialog, then power cycled the phone after that, it found the server, and now has the weather in the notification screen.

Isn't this fun?

Sep 20, 2013 2:27 AM in response to Pappasbike

I have the same problem but nothing helps. I downloaded the Yahoo weather app, which works fine as a stand-alone, but it does not show up on the notification screen even though I have enabled it under Location. I have deleted all other weather apps from showing up in the notification centre. The Yahoo stocks do show up on the notification screen. When I look at the notification center under Settings, the Yahoo weather app is not there, and under TODAY VIEW there is no entry for weather. I am in France. Could this be the problem, that the weather app works only in the USA?

Does anyone know how to get the notification screen in iOS 7 to show the weather? Not showing on my phone, and the weather app doesn't show in the notification dialog.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.