Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Apple ID keeps popping up asking for password - have changed email servers and old one no longer available. How do I get rid of old ID?

Old Apple ID keeps popping up asking for password - have changed email servers and old one no longer available. How do I get rid of old ID?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4, Gen 5

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 5:33 PM

Hi. If it's really an email account, you can delete the account under Settings > Mail. If it's an Apple ID, maybe the one used to setup the device, you need to enter the password for that Apple ID. An Apple ID doesn't cease to exist, even if the email account used as its name goes away. Many people create new Apple IDs for new email accounts, instead of just changing the old ID to use the new email as its name, see Change your Apple ID - Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2017 5:33 PM in response to wksbayer

Hi. If it's really an email account, you can delete the account under Settings > Mail. If it's an Apple ID, maybe the one used to setup the device, you need to enter the password for that Apple ID. An Apple ID doesn't cease to exist, even if the email account used as its name goes away. Many people create new Apple IDs for new email accounts, instead of just changing the old ID to use the new email as its name, see Change your Apple ID - Apple Support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.