Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7 battery

ios7 on iphone 5. Battery is dropping RAPIDLY.

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 3:27 PM

25 replies

Sep 19, 2013 7:55 AM in response to seasterling

Same here. But I have AT&T on iPhone5 (now with iOS7).

I woke up at 7am today with a full charge and have been doing some very mundane tasks (iMessage, Facebook, etc.) and I'm now at 54% and it's only 10:50am. Almost half of the battery life is gone in less than four hours of not doing too much. Is that normal? It seems like no matter what I'm doing on it, I can watch the battery percentage drop one percent every couple minutes.

For what it's worth, this started the day I downloaded iOS 6.1.4 and I've never been able to fix it. At that time, Apple told me to reset the phone as new, which I did to no avail, so they replaced my iPhone5 and the new one had the exact same problem.

I had hoped that iOS7 would fix the problem, but it hasn't. Maybe I'll dump this phone on Craigslist and pick up a 5s.

Could it have something to do with my backup or combination of apps I'm running? Any ideas for how to fix this?

Sep 19, 2013 8:20 AM in response to seasterling

Emergency situation or Reliability accesory, which one prefer?

I used iPhone 5, and i’m working in Real Estate Sector.

First of all iPhone’s battery life inadequate for the real user (voice and data user)

For that reason i bougt an externat batter case for the emergency situations. And i used it 2-3 times when my battery goes empty. Also, one day we lost our child and try to connect, that day if i haven’t that battery case i would be explain what was my situation…

iOS 7 : gives me “This Cable or accesory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone”

To day nearly 16:00 my battery goes below %5 when i in the very very important convesation with my customer… What happened? Phone closed and my externak battery not work with iOS 7

Thaks god, my friend have Sony Xperia (he charged it in 2 days ago) and i use that phone…

Apple code writers are very smart…

Which one of you prefer? using ext battery in Emergency situation or Reliability?

This battery unreliable when i used it in with iOS 6.1.4 ?

I think that is dilemma…

A: Time to change iPhone 5 to Sony

B: go back to iOS 6.1.4

Sep 19, 2013 1:03 PM in response to Thom_D

I'm so confused. The battery was dropping like a rock earlier today. Tried all sorts of stuff. Finally gave up and just plugged it in. Charged it up to about 96%, and it's been there for 20 minutes...what the heck? Anyway, seems to be intermittent. I've turned off background refresh for all non-essential apps, maybe something is looping.

ios 7 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.