Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Playlist

I have several playlists of podcasts which were not updated to my iPhone in iOS7.

The palylists show in iTunes v11.1 but do not show on my phone. Can I stlil create

a playlist of podcasts and listen to them on my iPhone in iOS7?

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 3:30 PM

6 replies

Sep 18, 2013 5:39 PM in response to JimFerguson

Apple have had this obsession for how many iterations of iTunes? I find the Podcast app cumbersome. I understand creating a list in On the Go within the Podcast app is something of Playlist but I have yet to successfully sync anything from iTunes, even the On the Go playlist within it. Why do I have to screw around like this? So unintuitive. At least there was something of a solution in previous versions of iTunes where I could manually update and manage my podcast playlisrs. I do not want to fill up my phone with unwanted podcasts

and there seems to be no quick way to scroll through my subscribed podcasts. For god almighty, they are not even in alphabetical order.

Sep 19, 2013 6:45 AM in response to JimFerguson

I think I can show myself how I was wrong.

I saw a mention somewhere of using My Stations in the Podcast app (It's using down at the bottom of the screen.) to play playlists.

It works! Playlists show up there.

The podcasts don't drop off of the playlist until you delete the played podcasts and the device is synched again, but you can tell which have and haven't been played.

Hope that helps.

Sep 19, 2013 7:08 AM in response to JimFerguson

Yes, a rush to judgment for sure. I gues synching took some time to take hold. Create Podcast Playlist in iTunes

Plug in iPhone. Choose iPhone. Choose Podcasts. I get a spinning beachball, so wait patiently for the podcast window to open. Scroll down the Podcasts page, not the Podcasts columns and you will find, Include Episodes from Playlists. Select your Playlists. When you sync, and there are no obvious Podcast App indicators, your playlsts will show up in the Podcast App under My Stations, iTunes Playlists. Hope this helps others, and sorry for the rant...

Sep 20, 2014 7:32 AM in response to Tom Dignam

There may be a better solution to creating a playlist of podcasts. I like to have a playlist of podcasts on my iPhone to listen to in the car, and update the whole playlist each week, and I like to have it remember where I left off each time I get in the car. The app Instant Bookmark Player does a nice job of this. Within the app, simply choose the podcasts to include in your list: use the "+" menu to create a playlist, then on the bottom choose "more", then choose your podcasts.

Nov 9, 2014 8:54 AM in response to Tom Dignam

I have this same problem, and now podcasts seem to just disappear or rearrange themselves in my playlists. When I delete a podcast from a playlist, it now is deleted from my computer completely. I want to delete it from the playlist but keep it for future listening. I want to decide myself what to listen to when and what to keep or what to delete. I hate that Apple now decides for me.

Podcast Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.