Decided to try and update to iOS 7 today so plugged my iPhone 5 into my Windows 8 laptop to back it up before installing, but was told I can't without updating iTunes first. Updated iTunes successfully but now it doesn't recognise either my iPhone or my iPad, although Windows recognises both. I have tried:
- turning the iPhone/iPad on and off
- turning my laptop on and off
- uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes
- using different USB cables
- stopping the iPod Service and restarting it
- deleting the temp folder and restarting
I've not installed anything else today, so how it could go from recognising my iPhone and then not within the space of 5 minutes is beyond me.