Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how much do need to replace a ipad4 screen

i drop my ipad4 this morning and make 2 crack,but it doesn't effect to use. I think only the outer glass is broken. How can i replace it?And how much need i cost?

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 4:05 PM

2 replies

Sep 19, 2013 8:21 AM in response to Changjie Bai

Hi Changjie Bai,

The only thing you can do is have Apple perform an "out-of-warranty" replacement. Prices for an iPad 3 start at $299 and go up from there depending on model. Seehttp://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipad

Certain damage is ineligible for out-of-warranty service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. However, an iPad that has failed due to contact with liquid may be eligible for out-of-warranty service. For the most part, shattered screens will be covered too (as long as the iPad body is still in tact). We've done OOW replacements in our school distrcit for cracked screens before.

There are some third party vendors who can replace the screen for less, but doing so will void any future warranty you have with Apple.

I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but I hope it answers your question.

~Joe

how much do need to replace a ipad4 screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.