Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't scale pictures since ios7 update

Since ios7 upgrade, I can't scale any pictures. My wall paper and lock screen on my ipad have massively increased the size of the images, and when I try to move & scale, it won't let me scale the pictures down any more. So my wallpaper now looks sh't and with the new menu soon feature when you access a folder from the home screen, it enlarges even more! Right annoying! And after spending nearly 5 hours downloading the thing. Grrrrrr

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 4:15 PM

Same thing here... I just posted about this in another thread. I'm using an iPad 3 with now IOS 7.

164 replies

Sep 18, 2013 8:43 PM in response to Djphilla1972

After hours of playing around with lots of trail and error I have a workaround.

I tried the turning off of the "reduce motion" option and that only made things worse. I was able to make the images smaller on the lock screen with this turned on.

I tried adding pixels to the image and that had zero effect.

In the end, I followed the advice of another poster on a different thread and downloaded InstaSize (iphone app). After I wrote my contact info on the picture with DoodleBuddy I opened the picture in InstaSize and reduced the image overall. Once that was done I shared it with the gallery, which saved it to the camera roll. From here I was able to set the picture as the lock screen image. It took a few tries to get the correct size in InstaSize, but it works!

I'm so not impressed with ios 7. Everything is harder to read, navigate, and it seems fluff takes up more space on the screen. The contrasting colors they picked for text to background are harder to read, especially on the fly. The text messages are annoying looking. I turned on the bold text just to read the app names! Grrr to Apple, I was so excited until I actually got to look at it myself.

Can't scale pictures since ios7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.