Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s with iOS7, Calendar events taking GBs of space

After updating my iPhone 4s to iOS7 I started receiving warnings that I was running out of space on my phone. When I went to usage I found that the Calendar events was taking up about 4.2 GB and I had no remaining space. I tried to remove a few Calendars but the Settings app locked up when I tried to either remove or disable any of the calendars. I have several GMail accounts setup and a subcription or two.

Doing a hard restart freed the space up and returned the Calendar events size to normal but the Calendar events then started grab more space until all the remain space was gone. I have turned on Airplane mode, done a hard restart (free the space) and the calendar events still grows to take all my extra space. I also have an iPad with iOS7 and the same calendar supscriptions and it does not have the same issue.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 4:16 PM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2013 8:47 AM in response to maple247

I was finally able to fix this. The problem appears to have been re-accuring events on my work calendars that did not have a set end date. The Calendar app seems to be adding ALL the events and since they do not have an end date just keeps going.

Steps to fix:

1. Turned off Push and then set the Fetch settings to Manual to prevent any updates to the calendars

2. Remove/Turn off the calendar with the events. This can take a LONG TIME. I had to let this run over night. Alternatively you could try and modify the event by adding an end date.

Also of note. Doing a restore via iTunes did not fix the problem.

iPhone 4s with iOS7, Calendar events taking GBs of space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.