Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Radio: Got it to work for a while. Now, not so much...

From the looks of the early posts on the subject, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I got iTunes Radio run at all. That is, AFTER I kept getting the same update error everyone has been reporting and figured out that I should just download iTunes staright from apple.com.

So I made up my own station (My Station) by starting with a favorite artist and adding more artists. Worked fine, with iTunes playing a variety of songs from the artists I'd added as well as curating their own "compatible" choices into the mix. The trouble began when I realized it was throwing in way too many Eagles songs (not on my list, btw) for my liking and I tried to skip to the next song. Radio wouldn't skip and when I quit and re-started iTunes, that same last song would again queue up as the first song. Right now I'm hard pressed to get it to play anything at all from my made-up station. Oh, iTunes' Featured Stations work just fine, just not the one I created. Anyone have similar experiences or possible solutions?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 27" 3.4 i7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 5:01 PM

5 replies

Sep 18, 2013 6:05 PM in response to dinosoar

Same problem here. Since there isn't a shuffle station feature, I thought I'd create a station and then add a bunch of artists to it. So I started out with a Jack White station and then added about 30 more artists. It was working just fine for about 5 songs and then just stopped. It wouldn't load anymore songs on my iphone or in itunes. So I deleted the station and started from scratch. It played one song this time and then no more.

The other stations I've created and haven't added artists to appear to be working ok, but there is a bit of a delay in getting them going.

Maybe the servers are overloaded?

How many artists did you try to add to your station, dinosoar? When it was working, did the station play a good variety before ODing on the Eagles?

Sep 18, 2013 6:54 PM in response to bird66

I'm wondering about the overloaded servers scenario. Still unable to get my station to work. As for the number of artists, I'd give you an exact number, except that, in addition to not being able to play my station, I can't get it to open up when I double-click to show my list of artists. I have at least a dozen.

iTunes Radio: Got it to work for a while. Now, not so much...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.