Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I change the location of my device backups?

iTunes seems to force me to use my c:\ drive as the destination for all backups.

Background: I have set up my c:\ drive only for programs - all data is stored on separate drives - including my iTunes library and all media. So, I can't skinny down the c:\ drive any more without uninstalling programs.

The issue is that my 10,000 rpm, 280 GB - C:\ drive is fast but small and is now FULL after I got about 1/2 way through a 128 GB backup of my ipad. (Yes, all movies have been deleted off of the iPad to minimize the size of the backup.)

I deleted the partial iPad backup, moved all the Mobile Applications to another drive, emptied the recycle bin and tried again with my much smaller iPhone. You guessed it: the io7 update hung and both of my devices are now paper weights.

Which leaves me f*cked, anyone know how I can un-f myself?

iPad, iOS 7, 128 GB iPad

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 5:18 PM

1 reply

Sep 18, 2013 5:33 PM in response to SPURCHASE

SPURCHASE wrote:

The issue is that my 10,000 rpm, 280 GB - C:\ drive is fast but small and is now FULL after I got about 1/2 way through a 128 GB backup of my ipad. (Yes, all movies have been deleted off of the iPad to minimize the size of the backup.)

iTunes movies are not part of an iDevice backup.

Videos & photos you take with the camera (in the Camera roll) are part of the backup but those should be sync'd to the computer and removed from the camera roll.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.