Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ive downloaded ios7 but now im recieving double messages between my fiance and myself?

ive just downloaded ios 7 but now i recieve double messages between me and my fiance..

it shows up as him sending it and me sending it to myself.. how do i get rid of this?

iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 5:34 PM

1 reply

Sep 21, 2013 9:12 AM in response to breee25

Hey breee25!

It sounds like you two may be using the same Apple ID for your messaging, which would lead to this issue. I have some information for you regarding this issue:

Additional Information

• You can change the address that new iMessage conversations are started with in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Start new conversations from:. Note that this setting applies only to new conversations. If you would like to change the address from which messages are sent, first change this setting, and then delete the existing conversation and start a new one.
  • iMessage responses will be sent from the address the recipient most recently messaged. For example, a friend sends you a message to your Apple ID. Responses in this conversation will be sent from your Apple ID, even if you've selected new conversations to start from your phone number.
    User uploaded file

iOS: Using Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3529

Use the information in that article to view the "Send & Receive" settings in your Messages app on both phones and adjust according to your desires. Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

ive downloaded ios7 but now im recieving double messages between my fiance and myself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.