Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to include navigation tips in my iBook

In the coming months we'll be launching a series of military aviation/modeling books and we've begun to publicize this to the community that has followed this series of books for decades. We will have some customers who will be new to the iPad and I'd like to include a page of "how to" up front in the book so users can see how to get to and use the TOC, that they can tap photos for full-screen, how to move forward and back, use the gallery widget, etc. So I have two questions:

- I'd like to title his page "How to Use This Publication in iBook Format" but I've read that Apple has trademarked the term "iBook" (understandable) and that using that term could result in the book being rejected during review (not understandable). I could title the page "How to use the iPad Version of This Publication" but I'm sure Apple has trademarked that term, too... Can anyone give me advice?

- Are there any navigation icons/graphics readily available that I can use on this page?

Thanks in advance.

Rock Roszak

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 5:31 PM

2 replies

Sep 21, 2013 7:43 PM in response to Rocky Rakoon

Rocky, you can use the term iBook for your instructions. What the Apple guide states is you cannot use Apple trademarks in any way that it would make it appear that your book is from Apple or endorsed by Apple. I have an iBook that uses the term iBook in it.

You can make screen shot of your iPad by holding down the home button and power button at the same time--when you release the buttons, the current screen will be captured and sent to your photos app on your iPad.

Sep 21, 2013 8:16 PM in response to Hakusan

Thanks for the info, Hakusan. I'll have to give the Apple guide a close look. I wrote the question after seeing this on the IBA Tips and Tricks post from K T:

Apple has trademarked the word iBook. Using it in your book or your book's meta data can cause a rejection during review. Search for ibook to be sure you haven't used it anywhere before submitting.

That was the cause of my concern. Your response points me in the right direction--thanks very muc

Rock

I want to include navigation tips in my iBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.