Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple doesn't like podcasts?

The old (ios6) podcast app was terrible. That's an objective fact; look at the ratings. I used it once, deleted it. Podcasts belong in the music app, like they always were. Now, ios 7 not only doesn't include any app that allows podcast listening, it also didn't update the terrible podcasts app for ios 7. They went crazy redesigning the **** compass, but the podcast app got left behind. So my options are go back to ios 6, or download the terrible app and suffer with the limitations it presents, or pay for a third party podcast app and hope for the best.

So, here's my question:

Seriously?

Thanks,

Rob

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 5:53 PM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2013 6:09 AM in response to Rob Lichter

I'm with you on this one. There are so many apps that offer the ability to control music while the app is in use (Runtastic, GPS Drive, etc..) that don't acknowledge anything but the music app. Until this morning, I was able to listen to podcasts.

This plus my bluetooth in my truck autostarts the music app, nothing else.

No new app will fix this. Maybe if they bought me a new truck?

Sep 19, 2013 6:53 PM in response to Rob Lichter

Its not just bluetooth and new cars that are suffering. I use the flicktunes gesture control app and listen to podcsts while driving. Now I can't. So fed up with this. All I can think of doing is import the downloaded files into a regular playlist and change genre from genre to anything else and see if that works but its clumsy at best.

I don't understand this. Half what is in my music app is spoken word so why not let me include podcasts which, when it comes down to it they're all just audio files.

Please apple, let me play podcasts in the music app!

Apple doesn't like podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.