Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home screen apps are frozen in iTunes

I updated my iPhone5 to IOS 7 - and I updated iTunes. Now when I sync my iPhone all of my apps are frozen on the Home Screen pages. I can swap whole pages, but I cannot move any apps from one screem to another screen. Every screen has a black background.

The instructions tell me tp drag an app - but I cannot drag any app - only the entire screen

I've shut downa dn reloaded - and tried everything without success.

Any clues ?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 5:38 PM

8 replies

Sep 18, 2013 6:42 PM in response to Richard Sjolund

Richard Sjolund Iowa City, Iowa

Sep 18, 2013 7:38 PM

I updated my iPhone5 to IOS 7 - and I updated iTunes. Now when I sync my iPhone all of my apps are frozen on the Home Screen pages. I can swap whole pages, but I cannot move any apps from one screem to another screen. Every screen has a black background.

The instructions tell me tp drag an app - but I cannot drag any app - only the entire screen

I've shut downa dn reloaded - and tried everything without success.

Any clues ?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

NOTE: This is on the iTunes sync page -- my Home Screens on iTunes are locked.

Sep 22, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Peter Adams

I figured it out. Open iTunes with your iPhone attached. Click on the phone in the bar near the right. Should show the iPhone content ie apps. Click on apps, then sync at he lower right of the screen. Now when you click on a app you want to move to a different page, drag it over and hold for a second until the new page comes up. Release the app. Should be on the new page. Wish one could move several at once.....ll.l

Oct 3, 2013 11:25 PM in response to Richard Sjolund

Hah, I just came back to this problem after updating to 11.1.1 in the hope that things might now work, and I discovered something by accident.

If you want to move an app from screen 1 for instance: Double click somewhere on screen 1. It now gets a little larger, and you can now click on an app to select it, which will become highlighted with a blue outline, and can be dragged to another screen in the usual manner.

I don't remember this behaviour previously, but double clicking on the app page fixes things for me. Hope it's a fix for you guys too.

Home screen apps are frozen in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.