Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working for iphone 5?!?!?!?!

I have 2 iphone 5. Both just updated to iOS 7. Airdrop not working. It can't find wither phone. Both bluetooth and wifi are turned on. Anyone else having a problem like this? Anyone know how to fix it?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 6:09 PM

54 replies

Sep 20, 2013 3:00 PM in response to robertisyourface86

I'm having the same problem trying to use AirDrop between my MacBook Air running OS X 10.8.5 and my iPhone5 running IOS 7. The MacBook has Wifi and Bluetooth enable, and the Finder window showing AirDrop shows the little icon on the left sidebar searching. But it can't see my iPhone5.

On the iPhone5, I have Wifi and Bluetooth enabled, and AirDrop set to Everyone. But when I go to share a Photo, my MacBook doesn't appear as an option to be selected.

Sep 20, 2013 8:01 PM in response to robertisyourface86

I was having this issue and solved it by getting off my home wifi network. Airdrop uses wifi to create a 1 to 1 network with the other phone in the equation. If those phones are currently already on a wifi network it can't create a second connection to use for sharing data and therefore nothing shows up in the airdrop space on the sharing screen. Once I told my phone and my wife's phone to "forget" our home wifi network airdrop worked like a charm. I'm not positive the above logic makes sense as I'm not well versed in mobile technology, but the end result is what I was looking for. Hopefully this works for others.

Sep 20, 2013 8:28 PM in response to MTurner04

I have exhausted everything for Airdrop to work to transfer files from my iPhone 5 to an iPhone 5. I have set Airdrop settings to "Everyone" for both iPhone 5. Also tried to turn on Bluetooth and Wifi. I also have tried to close all apps running in the background and rebooted both phones. But somehow I couldn't get it to work to transfer photos from the Photos app. None of that is working no matter how hard I try to tap the Airdrop option on the Photos app. I don't know what else to do and I don't want to restore my phone.

Airdrop not working for iphone 5?!?!?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.