Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 7 Reminders Issue

With update, reminders shows all future combined but not seperate by actual date?? Any idea on how to correct or set to only see each day reminders?

iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 6:04 PM

16 replies

Sep 19, 2013 9:34 AM in response to marosennc

I'm glad someone else is missing this as well. There is no reason I can think of to take this functionality away except to make the design a priority over the function of the app.

I think most of us would like to see our reminders per day and not a long confusing list. It also took me a fee taps to figure out how to create a reminder since the + sing is also gone. Not intuitive in my opinion.

Sep 21, 2013 4:00 AM in response to marosennc

All

Its not that difficult. Assemble the reminders in date order by pressing the little alarm clock. This will appear on the left on Ipad and at the top on I phone. Once in date order press just below the last reminder of today and typy your words in. (There is a very faint box) Then press the 'i' button to enter alarm times etc.

Why the + button has gone is beyond me!

Sep 25, 2013 8:11 AM in response to Jeffrey Kornegay

Yes, the new ios7 reminders is much worse. You can't jump to a date, as you could with old reminders. If you needed to modify a reminder previously you just tapped the reminder and made a change. Now you have to tap the reminder AND tap the "i". Definitely a downgrade. Some of us don't want to do anything fancy. We just want a list of to do items by date, WITHOUT an alarm or a reminder time. We want to be able to easily change just the date of a to do task from one day to another. Unfortunate the ios7 is a downgrade. I hate to buy an app, too, because being able to sync to Outlook is very important to some of us and not all apps sync with Outlook. Why does Apple have to make something that should be very simple and functional so complicated?

Oct 22, 2013 9:30 PM in response to marosennc

I agree with all of the feedback on this page. Specifically:

#1: The calendar DEFINITELY needs to come back. Pretty colored lists aren't nearly as useful as the ability to view reminder items by date. After a month since "upgrading" to IOS 7, I'm just now realizing that you can swipe the screen down, click that clock and view reminders by date. Since when did a clock become synonymous with a calendar? Like never. Bring the bloody calendar back. And an option to sort the reminders would be extremely helpful on the phone AND on the MacBook Pro like in Microsoft Outlook (which is ridiculously easy to use, by the way - go figure).

#2: Where is the plus sign at the top, right-hand corner? Why is this gone in Reminders and Notes, but still available in Calendar and Contacts?

#3: And why can't a user click 'edit' in the top, right-hand corner of an individual reminder and have the option to delete appear at the bottom? Again, where is the consistency in design and functionality from Calendars and Contacts? The only way to delete an individual reminder is to check it off the list. What? In addition to the design inconsistency here, I noticed a glitch on the iPhone. Basically, I created a test reminder in the process of trying to create a new reminder (because, you know, there's no plus sign). When I checked the test reminder item off in order to delete it, a non-test reminders came off the list. But once I unchecked the test item, the missing reminder came back. Lawdy.

Please, Apple, stop trying to "outclever" yourself. Keep this stuff simple. Did I mention that the calendar needs to come back to Reminders? Did I mention that the plus sign needs to come back? Did I mention that the edit/delete function in individual reminders which is available in Calendar and Contacts needs to be available?

Some of us use the phone to run our lives efficiently, not as an Apps/Music/Picture/Games/Facebook-viewing toy. Those are cute, but Apple seriously needs to stop making unnecessary changes to Apps that already work well, particularly for those built-in Apps that actual adults use. I get tired of having to relearn how to use the phone every time a new update becomes available. I can see why my brothers have resisted the "upgrade."

Oct 23, 2013 7:13 AM in response to ZeeZeeQs72

ZeeZeeQs72 I agree with the points you make. I have sent feedback to Apple along these lines.

I did want to mention though that it is possible to delete a reminder in iOS. Swipe the reminder from right to left to delete. You have to be in the list itself. I can't get it to work when I'm on the screen that shows the list of lists.

You can sort Reminders on your Mac. On the menu bar: View > Sort By. You can sort manually, by date, priority, creation date, or title. I'm running 10.9, so this may be new.

Ios 7 Reminders Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.