Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Idea that might help phones being stolen or untraced even more.

Best protection for "Find my Phone", have a lock key that is required to turn off the phone. So if it's stolen, they are unable to turn it off since Find my Iphone doesn't work when phone's off.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 6:14 PM

8 replies

Sep 18, 2013 6:57 PM in response to m4tty33

<https://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/>

"...Losing your iOS device feels lousy. Thankfully, Find My iPhone can help you get it back. But if it looks like that’s not going to happen, new security features in iOS 7 make it harder for anyone who’s not you to use or sell your device. Now turning off Find My iPhone or erasing your device requires your Apple ID and password. Find My iPhone can also continue to display a custom message, even after your device is erased. And your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can reactivate it. Which means your device is still your device. No matter where it is..."

Sep 19, 2013 3:49 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I assume that as iOS7 gets more time in the field, we will find articles that cover real world behavior.

But from what Apple wrote, I think restarting should be the same. Resetting I think would require your Apple ID and password. At this point, I'm guessing based on the above paragraph.

You can always provide you ideas via the http://www.apple.com/feedback link.

Sep 19, 2013 4:41 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Use the feedback link.

I would note that a turned off device is a paperweight. Eventually it either has to be turned back on, or remain a paperweight.

I think Apple's idea is to make unprofitable to steal the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and by that approach reduce the desire to steal Apple products.

Again, submit your idea via the feedback link.

Idea that might help phones being stolen or untraced even more.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.