Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 Lock Screen & Headphone Music Controls????

Please tell me my iPhone 4 is broken and Apple really didn't remove the ability for headphones and the lock screen to play/pause or skip songs on Pandora? I use Jaybird Freedoms when I workout and the play/pause and next track buttons don't work anymore. Nor do they work on the lock screen. In my car (connects w/ bluetooth also), only the play/pause feature works, I can no longer skip to the next song. I even tried Apple's new iTunes radio and the buttons don't work either. Is this some pointless restriction Apple has implemented so only downloaded songs in iTunes can use these buttons.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 6:55 PM

30 replies

Sep 18, 2013 8:44 PM in response to MaxAMiller44

I am having a similar problem with my iPhone 4s after the upgrade to iOS 7. The Play, FF, REW buttons on the Lockscreen are not working. I perfomed a power off/on too - with no assistance. I have not tried a headset yet. Also, I found that this problem is also present in the Homescreen after minimizing the music app. Hard to believe Apple missed this one - especially since they are supposed to be all about loving Music..... Hope they fix this one quickly...

Sep 25, 2013 4:17 PM in response to MaxAMiller44

Reseting the iPhone (power cycle) does fix the problem, but then it comes back again. I haven't determine what makes the issue come back. I would guess it's some combination of minimizing iTunes or locking the phone while in iTunes.

Either way, Apple, fix this!!! It's very annoying to have to unlock my phone, open itunes, go to now playing, and then hit pause when my boss walks in my office.

Sep 28, 2013 10:39 AM in response to MaxAMiller44

I have an iPhone 4s on iOS 7, chiming in to say I'm having the same problem. Restarting the phone works briefly, but the problem comes back. Lock screen controls for audio become unresponsive, but it's not limited to the music app. It also applies to Rdio's music streaming app, and Downcast, a podcast app. I'm assuming it applies to pretty much all the music apps.

It's also not just the lock screen controls, it's also Bluetooth controls, both in my car (Mazda 3) and a wireless Bluetooth speaker (Big Jambox).

Like restarting the phone, repairing the Bluetooth devices fixes the problem briefly, but it comes back again quickly.

It sounds like an OS problem, I hope it's fixed soon.

Sep 30, 2013 3:20 PM in response to MaxAMiller44

I too have the same problem. In fact I received two calls while listening to iTunes Radio and the radio playback didn't pause during the conversation. So I could hear both in my ear at the same time, very distracting. I had to unlock the phone, go to Music, Now Playing and press pause from there to pause the music so I could hear the caller, very annoying. Just did a hard reboot and it's working how it should but given the comments here, I'm guessing I should expect that hidden functionality to come back.

I also hate that iTunes Radio doesn't have a listed history to go back and down-vote songs, but that's a separate issue I'll find a different place to complain about.

iOS7 Lock Screen & Headphone Music Controls????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.