So iPhone 5 with iOS7.... still having this issue.
Here's what I did and it did NOT fix it:
1. Power Off/On
2. Disable Siri, Power Off/On, Enable Siri
3. Reset All Setting, Power Off/On
4. Reset Phone to Factory default, Then Restore From Backup
It ***** that none of these issue worked. We need someone from apple to take a look at this.
I'm also having the same issue I have tried everything already mentioned here.
I even rolled back to latest iOS 6 tested that everything was still working ok. It was, so reinstalled ISO 7 & problem was still there.
I have now contacted apple and they have escalated my case. It's not looking good for a quick fix so I recommend anyone having the issue contact apple by phone and hopefully the issue might get bumped up someone's priority list.
I am having this exact same issue. I'm using an unlocked iPhone 5 32GB (A1429 - MD300B/A) bought directly in my local Apple Store in Reading, UK.
I went in there today to show that Siri has gone deaf, but works over the headphone cable mic, as well as the Speakerphone not working either. The advice I was given was:
- start iTunes on my PC and do a backup to the PC, and chose Encrypt iPhone backup
- then click on the Restore iPhone option to download iOS 7.0 again and install it over USB to the iPhone
- once that is done and the iPhone reboots, disconnect the Lightning cable and choose the set up the device as a new iPhone (don't restore any backup)
- don't sign up for iCloud
- test Siri to see if its still not working
- plug the sync cable back in, and then restore your backup to get your apps and settings back
- if that still doesn't work, then raise this as an issue on apple.com (the Apple Store staff have no way of logging issues found by customers, if they haven't got AppleCare or haven't booked a Genius Bar appointment, apparently. What cack is this?)
This is quite a lot of work, but I'm getting sick of the various things that are wrong with iOS 7 (the battery life, the crashes) so I gave it a try.
It made no difference whatsoever, Siri was still broken. Worse, the iTunes backup was completely ineffective, after doing a Restore Backup, it had restored nothing, no apps, setting, anything. Yet another thing that is broken. I was in a panic that I'd lost everything. Thankfully I had done an iCloud backup so I could get my stuff back, into Settings > General > Reset and then wait while it was sucked down from Apples datacentres.
How exactly do you raise this as an issue with Apple on this website? I've only found the Feedback page.
I went to my Genius Bar appointment yesterday. They were able to see a history of various resets attempted on the advice of forums and apple. They tried to use Siri to confirm she was deaf
My phone was replaced with a new phone within minutes.
After you have tried resetting the phone the various ways don't waste time get to an apple shop. If you were like me and got the iPhone 5 shortly after it came out your warranty will be down to days now. Mine had three days left.
I updated today to iOS7 - Siri worked ok
I then jumped in my car to go to the beach and my iphone connected via Bluetooth - this also worked OK
I got home and Siri was deaf and the voice memo wouldnt work.
Thought about what had changed with the phone from before to after ... bluetooth connection!
I just turned bluetooth off and siri worked again just fine - no longer deaf
Give it a try - I think the phone is getting confused when it connects to a bluetooh device with another speaker and then needs to switch back to normal phone speaker mode.
In my wife's case, she doesn't even use any Bluetooth devices, Voice Memo works as expected and with Bluetooth On or Off. It's only when you lauch Siri that the Mic is not activated. It is certainly a software issue with the Mic activation when Siri is launched when holdng down the home button. The Mic works in every other case.