Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 sound problem

Since I've updated my ipad 3 to iOS7, the speakers aren't working well and it sounds fuzzy/ the quality is very bad

SOMEONE PLEASE HELPPPPPPP.

Thank you.

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 7:03 PM

Try this.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

10 replies

Feb 7, 2014 4:48 PM in response to angellcake

I have had this problem as well. The sound gets very fuzzy or goes away all together. The fix for it is to go to settings, general. international and change the language then change it back. I have no idea why this works but it does. No one else seems to know why either. I would love to know if it is due to the latest updates. I never had the problem before but all of a sudden this keeps coming back.

Have not tried the Siri trick. WIll try that next.

jim

Mar 18, 2014 9:11 AM in response to angellcake

There are some possibilities for sound problems - most of them are really simple:

http://youtu.be/SDf1LDcE95Q

(1min 36sec)

It covers the basics:

• checking side-switch / mute / "Control Center"
  • volume all up

...and also the worst cases:

• closing all apps (for rare cases when a single app might render the sound system instable)
  • rebooting the iPad

So, don't get desparete: try the things in the video.

There are people who reported having forgotten an audio-bluetooth connection activated with a turned-off sound-system or speakers... or forgot Air-Play turned on... so be sure you disengage bluetooth and/or airplay.

On the 'hardware side', dirty dock connector (30 pin) can make the iPad 'think' it is connected to external audio - if so, cleaning it with a dry toothbrush can fix. Also, moisture in the headphones connector can make the iPad switch to 'headphones' even without headphones connected, making it silent: check if you can hear things with headphones plugged in - if so, try gently inserting and removing headphones a few times and check if you get sound back to iPad's speakers alone.

Once more: no need to reset settings, nether restore - save your time.

iOS7 sound problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.