Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling up and down in Aperture

In the 'old' days there were two types of scrolling buttons or arrows...one that worked with the mouse wheel and one that you could click and drag for more movement while still controlling it a bit. I now have Aperture 3.4.5 and don't see [and haven't for a time] the option or opportunity for the click and drag scroll or movement in the List view. I know I can scroll using the wheel but that really is hard to do with any precision and sore on my hand etc. when I'm dealing with multiples of thousands. I'd like to be able to click and drag the button or arrow or whatever to pull the contents up or down - not just scroll.

Is that possible or is there a fix?

Thanks.

[I'm using it in the text List view and it's set all the way to the L so type and image are small...want to deal with as many as I can at once]

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 17G RAM

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 7:41 PM

Are you referring to this:

User uploaded file

If so this is a system wide change and you can restore it in System Preferences->General

These are the settings you want to play around with, Show scroll bars

User uploaded file

Try each setting and see which one feels right for you.

If you refering to something else post back.

5 replies

Sep 19, 2013 8:40 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

That's it!!!

Part of the problem is that there really isn't sufficient control in moving the scroll button either with rolling the scroller on the mouse [I'm using a Logitech] or just clicking and dragging...I tried both last night and each time Aperture scrolled beyond where I wanted to be and correction of it was a royal pain. It may hve been Aperture itself - it was using 2.68G RAM = but I have 17 in my machine and everything was fine. I might try again today.

Scrolling up and down in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.