Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather missing from notification center #ios7

I was unable to see the weather in the notification center. Clicked all sorts of things to make sure it was turned on including the Weather app.

(and I know ios7 now displays weather as text instead of graphics.)

I finally got it to appear by turning location services OFF and then back ON.

Problem solved.

many PCs, Macs, and iPods, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 7:40 PM

10 replies

Sep 19, 2013 4:11 PM in response to 50shadesofmeh

I do have Location Services enabled for the Weather App and have restarted my phone. I do see a flash of something displayed where the weather would show up once in a while but it dissapears too fast for me to determine if it is the weather text.

Interestingly in the Notifications area in settings the basic weather app does not show up ... but it does in the locations services area.

Sep 20, 2013 7:23 PM in response to sjohnson717

OK Here is how to fix the weather problem (and I tried just about every suggestion listed in every forum)

Go to the Settings, General - Reset

Click on the top reset "Reset all settings".

This will erase all setting that are messing up the notification panel BUT nothing else

Everything else will stay the same

Now turn on all notificalions and location services (in the privacy tab)

Now find the weather app in "background App Refresh" in the general tab and make sure "weather is turned on"

All in all resetting all setting was the thing that did the most. Fixed anything that got screwed up.

Thats it.

Worked for me.

Jan 11, 2014 8:59 AM in response to sjohnson717

Is it just me or should you be able to view your local weather without turning on location services...

Id like to be able to wake up and check all my notifications and the weather for the place i set as my local area without the whole world knowing my location...

In the days before the NSA sniffing everyones butthole and paying/pressuring large companies to facilitate said butthole sniffing, the world didnt need your current location to check the weather for an area you deemed local.

Thanks for improving my day in the way you see fit crApple.

Jan 11, 2014 9:35 AM in response to Tom Martyrson

Tom Martyrson wrote:

Is it just me or should you be able to view your local weather without turning on location services...

You can set any cities you want in the weather app. It only needs location services for "local". Add your city to the list. You will need to open the weather app. Of course, you'll still need a data connection to get the weather and, of course, you can be tracked through that.

Weather missing from notification center #ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.