Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Radio breaks up

I am experiencing horrible song breakups / skipping / jittery playback with iTunes Radio. I have a 100Mbit and 55Mbit Internet connections with a SIP phone and am not experiencing any issues at all. However, iTunes Radio will play for a few songs and then will start playing songs back all jittery and broken up. It's like trying to play a scratched CD. It's completely unlistenable.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 7:36 PM

2 replies

Jan 8, 2016 7:22 PM in response to Tim_McManus

I have the same problem, but on a Macbook and an iMac. My iPhone 4S plays iTunes radio just fine. But even though the iMac is hardwired by ethernet to the broadband modem, after about 15 minutes of play, the songs start breaking up. This did not happen until the most recent major version update to iTunes 12. I suspect they made it more of a data hog and the broadband can't maintain the stream. If that's the case, it crazy, since Netflix and a lot of other streaming video sources streams just fine. If they don't fix it soon, I'm going back to Pandora. Does anyone out there know?

Um.... Apple -- this means you.....

Hello?.....

Is anyone home?....

iTunes Radio breaks up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.