Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earlier i had the option to download ios 7, but now I do not, what's going on?

I decided I would wait until the initial rush of people had gotten their fix then try to download it later at night, but as I look I see that it says ios 6.1.3 or whatever the one before 7 is, is up to date and gives me no option to update my ipad. Is this because of the staggering for the launch of the new ios?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 7:41 PM

3 replies

Sep 18, 2013 7:49 PM in response to Immortalhamster

Immortalhamster wrote:

Is this because of the staggering for the launch of the new ios?

I have the same thing going on. I believe you are initially given a spot in the download queue. If you do not use that spot within x amount of time, it's given to someone else and you have to wait another x amount of time before it's offered again to you. This is just going by my personal experience and gut feeling. I'm seeing similar things happening out there (the forums) as well.

Right now, I have the option to download to both my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 through iTunes. I'm not doing so simply because I'm waiting for this commotion to die down and see what real-world performance is like before jumping in with iOS 7.

Earlier i had the option to download ios 7, but now I do not, what's going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.