Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't watch video playlist in landscape/fullscreen mode

After updating my iPhone to iOS 7 I can no longer watch my music video playlists in landscape mode.

I used to be able to watch my video playlists in full screen mode by just putting the phone in landscape mode, but now it just shows a useless cover flow screen that has no relation to what's playing.

I realize I can watch music videos in the videos app, but music videos don't make much sense unless you can listen to them in a playlist. This is the worst update to the iPhone music app since I purchased my iPhone 3GS (Now I'm using a iPhone 5). Very disappointing.

Is there a work around? How can I go back to iOS 6? iOS 7 provides too little feature enhacements to take away such a big feature.

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 9:24 PM

66 replies

Sep 24, 2013 10:06 AM in response to Tolga42

This is really annoying. I would downgrade the iOS if I could because of this.

Either allow playlists in Videos or play a Music playlist in full-screen landscape mode.

I used to watch music videos on the gym machine on my iPhone when it was 30-pin, now with my iPhone 5 I was watching them on the phone screen. Now I can't even do that...

Sep 26, 2013 3:07 PM in response to Tolga42

iPad won't play music videos at all in the music player app though it still denotes video and shows the playlists.

Why would they take such a basic, intuitive functionality and keep it off the more logical device to have videos on.... then screw it up with the entirety of iOS7?

NOT a good showing for a media giant like Apple. I will not be keeping up with apple upgrades and products if this is not fixed. I shouldn't have to buy an app for functionality i used to and definitely should have in the stock player.

And yes, For me - a HUGE and avid purchaser of music videos, this is definiteliy enough to make me stop upgrading my apple products.

Sep 26, 2013 4:30 PM in response to Tolga42

I really liked my recent conversion to IOS7 and the new ITunes11.....UNTIL... I went to my gym to complete my Cardio session, and SLAM! my vidoes look like Postage Stamps! Apple... are you serious?! don't any of your staff workout?! this is UNACCEPTABLE... I have spent $$$$$$ on hundreds of music videos.

APPLE get it together and get this fixed.... right now, I am NOT bragging to my friends about how great my Apple products work.... are you serious! NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Sep 26, 2013 10:09 PM in response to simonwpb

What can we do to get this "lost functionality" back from Apple in iOS7? May be we have to lodge a complaint? It's like a Windows update if the printing function get lost after updating! THAT CAN'T BE!!!

Regarding the alternative MVP App. On me older iPhone 4S the DRM protected videos can't play using MVP. BUT on my new iPhone 5S all video playlists (including the iTunes purchased videos) are playing without problems.

Greetings from Germany

Janni

Sep 27, 2013 12:43 PM in response to JJAH

Exactly the problem I have no. I really hate this reduced functionality!!!! I have bought over 400 music videos and watch them from that playlist in the gym when doing cardio. The video app only allows the user to select one video at a time and of course no shuffle option, so it is not a substitute at all! APPLE FIX THIS!!!!!

Oct 6, 2013 12:55 PM in response to Tolga42

and that is also the reason i needed to create playlists, to better organise the videos. just like songs, we can create playlists to what we want, we have this playlists to play songs continuously in the order that we set.

likewise for videos.

i just want really my videos to play in full screen landscape, in the playlists, just like previously in iOS 6. i really miss that function in iOS 6.

or allow VIDEO to create playlists?

Can't watch video playlist in landscape/fullscreen mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.