Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off Switch Control???

I am trying desperately to turn off Switch Control on my iPhone and nothing so far has worked. I have tried clicking the Home button three times, and the option of Switch Control comes up with a check beside it, but with no way to turn it off. Siri when asked to disable switch control will say "Which setting?" which will only bring me to Accessibility but I still can't click anything! Any suggestions appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 11:46 AM

I cant activate my siri, there is unknown reason why my phone will not connect to wifi automatically.

I cant get pass lock screen, and i cant use my touch screen at all. please help

38 replies

Sep 18, 2013 10:08 PM in response to bex1721987

Nevermind, I figured out how to do it by trial and error.

If you are wondering how to turn off switch control with a frozen screen, here's how I did it:

-Ask Siri to "Turn on Voice Control." (She'll turn on/off Voice Control but not Switch Control- go figure.) IOS 7 will not allow both Voice Control and Switch Control to operate together, so when Voice Control is on, Switch Control is off and vice versa.

-With Voice Control on, go to Settings/General/Accessibility. To tap on options, you must tap once to select it in a black box, then twice quickly to execute it. To scroll, you must use three fingers instead of just one.

-Turn off all swiches so the Switches option has a 0 next to it in Switch Control, then turn it off. Tada!

Feb 24, 2016 10:39 PM in response to bex1721987

This was very hard to figure out , when the lock screen is locked nothing worked, so I used my head as a movement .

First hit the home button 3 times a screen comes up that says... invert colors and switch control , move your head to the right to move the highlight area to the switch control , once there .. move your head to the left ,it should take the checkmark out of the box that says switch control ...Done! It worked for me hope it works for you .

Sep 20, 2013 9:25 PM in response to bex1721987

Hi I was stuck at lock screen with no control ability. Triple click didn't work. I had my Siri off. What I did was i hold home and power button to off my i pad. Then turn it on again. When it just loaded to main screen you will have a few sec before switch control works again. So when you are in main screen , triple click and off switch control. It worked for me. Hope it works for you. The Internet don't have much to help ref switch control which is irritating. Hope this post helps.

Aug 3, 2015 9:37 AM in response to bex1721987

check this video http://youtu.be/2W3Z0kSiL7o

If you somehow turn on "Screen" select item, it renders any touch useless.

Here's what you can do, even if you have your phone password protected.

Use Siri to turn on Assistive Touch.

1. Hold down home button and ask siri: Turn on Assistive Touch

2. May have to send a second command: on.

Now your screen should be accessible.

<Email Edited By Host>

Oct 29, 2013 7:43 AM in response to aik_aik

Thank you! this sorted the issue!!

aik_aik wrote:

i had the same problem and i found the solution >>>

connect your iphone to itunes press on your i phone >> go to summery >> then down you find configure accessblity >> then chose VoiceOver >> the phone will desable the other option >> your phone will be unloked now go to sitengs and tern it of

Nov 4, 2013 1:18 PM in response to bex1721987

No Way to Fully Disable Voice Control
Voice Control is built into the iOS and isn't controlled by preferences, so you can't control whether it's turned on or off. It's always turned on.

You can, however, restrict the voice dialing aspect of Voice Control when your iPhone is locked, though this only prevents voice dialing when the phone is locked and a passcode is enabled. This isn't much of a tweak, but it does enhance your phone's security. To disable voice dialing:

1. Tap on the Settings app
  2. Tap on General
  3. Tap on Passcode Lock
  4. Turn Passcode lock on
  5. Slide the Voice Dial slider to Off.

Though, as the note under that slider makes clear, Voice Control is always enabled, so this doesn't fully disable the feature.

Nov 10, 2013 9:22 PM in response to bex1721987

I have the solution, when Siri is active the voice control is inactive,first active Siri ,go to settings and go to general and go to touch ID&amp;passcode put your password and look for allow access when locked and turn off that and now your phone is not gonna work when is locked even if you press the home bottom for more then 3 seconds with the finger or ID finger that you registered to unlock your phone,I hope it can help a lot of people cuz I waste more then 3 hours to find this.

How to turn off Switch Control???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.