I am still under warranty and I did try what you mentioned.
As per apple support...
- I created a new user profile with admin rights
- logged in
- set up fresh iTunes
- no playlists
- no apps
- no voice mails
- no genius
- no icloud
- I downloaded tracks directly from the itune store (so the tracks are not the issue)
I tried syncing and still had similiar issues.
So that rules out the library, tracks, and playlists
This problem started right after upgrading to ios 7. Apple won't let me go back!
I am a professional Full-time DJ. I now have a $800 BRICK on my hands.
Nov 22, 2013 8:59 AM
The easy and quick way to fix this is to connect your iphone to itune...
1.Go into your iphone (Top right of itune).
2.You'll see 3 different topics in bold - Iphone, backups and options.
3.Go to options and uncheck all the boxes (make sure you remeber what was been check before you uncheck anything in the boxes).
4.Check only - manually manage music and video and press apply (bottom right of itune).
5.Wait for it to finish the process (it should delete everything).
6.Then it is up to you.... either go by each tap and sync each one (info, apps, tones, music, movies, TVshows, podcast and photos) or uncheck manually manage music and check whatever it used to be before you unchecked everything.
7.All done, Everything should be working perfectly.
Please shared to other that needed help
Appologiez to my behalf the language, Not really good at English grammas LOL
Well i dont know about that.... i just happened to brought my iphone5 s today and update it to IOS 7.0.4.
and what happened then afer restore my iphone is that it i put some new songs and photos and try to sync it.
after those long wait for waiting for change to be applied....nothing happen, it's just stuck there.
i try to restore iphone and restore backup nothing change.
then i try manually manage music and video, it make everything working perfectly
and it wasnt just sync one or two track.... it my whole itune music library
sorry, but i dont know what's wrong with your one but the steps i gave out is working just fine for me.
Both OS X Mavericks on my 9 month old Mini Server with 16 GB RAM, and iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S, have been an unmitigated disaster. Both of my devices are drastically slower, buggy, and prone to crashing. Apple charges more because you USED TO provide superior products that worked well and KEPT WORKING. What is wrong with Apple suddenly ? Now that I just updated my iPhone 4S to 7.0.4, it is even worse, and I cannot get my song playlists to sync correctly. Please fix these problems imediately, or I will leave Apple and never return.
May be this is simpler and worked for me:
- In Itunes click on “music” of your iPhone
- If you see any song with a dotted circle to its left and in degraded text, write down its name
- Go to “music” in your iTunes library and unmark each and every of these songs
- Synchronize your iPhone
- Again in iTunes go back to your “music” ON THE iPHONE and make sure that all of the circled degraded songs have disappeared, if any found and you are sure they are unmarked in your library, remove from library and resynchronize the iPhone
- Mark songs you unmarked in your library
- Resync your iPhone
I hope it works for you.
I have an iPhone 5s and have had the same problem where my iPhone gets stuck when I sync in "waiting for changes to be applied."
I was able to fix the problem by going into the Music tab of the iPhone and unchecking the box for Sync Music. When you sync after doing this, all of your music will be removed from your phone. I actually had to do this two times to get iTunes to remove the music.
Once all of the music has been removed (this will happen relatively quickly), you will have to select Sync Music to add your music back to your iPhone, which may take a long time. After doing this, I was able to get my new songs to be uploaded to my phone.
I am having the same problem with my ipad. A couple of times it has added new apps and if I try to add a movie it will sync that but it won't update my photos. I even tried telling it not to sync my photos but it wouldn't remove them from my ipad. I don't have any music on it so that's not an issue. I used to be such a lover of all things Apple and never had problems but now for the first time I've considered making the switch. It seems like everytime they update something things get worse and worse.
Your resolution worked!! Thank you so much! I think because I restored from iCloud backup and not everything downloaded so I went to iTunes to sync to get my apps
And it wouldn't finish the last step... Stopped the downloading apps and music and it worked. Good call. Everything's working now and it only took 2 days to get my new iPhone 5c playing my music. :-)
Thanks bes2dt10 for the advice. What I did:
- Checked "manually manage music" checkbox (in the "options" box in the "summary" screen for iPhone, when it is plugged in)
- I also had the "only sync checked music" checkbox checked
- When I did that and then did a sync, it appeared to be copying music to my phone. I don't know if it was copying music to a new "manually managed section" on my phone, or what. It took a few minutes to start, and maybe 10 minutes to finish doing whatever copying it was doing.
- After that, all my music was on the phone. But I wanted to get out of the "manually managed" mode, so I went back and unchecked the "manually managed" checkbox and did another sync.
- That sync didn't take very long to finish. I guess the music was all on the phone now, after the whole "manually managed" sync had done its thing.
- Now it all appears to be fine.
I think what this process did was replace all the music that was on my phone by what was on the computer. In any case, it's fixed now.
I would just like to say I've had the same problems. iPhone 4s randomly deleted contacts and music a couple of days ago so I decided to restore. I think mine is getting hung up with files i put in audiobooks. I'm going to try to stop audiobooks from syncing and see what happens. The problem with this is everytime i try to sync, and it get stuck it places 11 gb of other on my phone which i need to restore to get rid of. With finals around the corner, I am a sad person.