Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Notification Center does not show all-day events

I've just installed iOS 7 and am disappointed to discover that all-day events are no longer displayed in the Notification Center. I spent a few minutes tooling around the Settings but don't see any that pertain to this.

Does anyone know how to rectify this? Is it a bug or a deliberate omission? I have a lot of all-day events on my calendar that I would like to be visible in the Notification Center.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:16 AM

32 replies

Sep 19, 2013 1:11 AM in response to darenrobbins

I really hope this is a bug. If you add an all day event for tomorrow, you can see that the notification centre does pick up that you have an event tomorrow, but presumably when tomorrow rolls around, it won't show anything.

It was a very important feature for me and is fairly essential if you are going to show calendar entries in the notification centre.

Sep 19, 2013 8:21 AM in response to darenrobbins

I've had this same problem. I think that the Notification Center has taken a big step backwards in a lot of ways (why have three tabs when the whole idea of Notification Center is to give you one, complete overview of your day and the things that require your attention?).

I highly encourage you to go to the Apple feedback page and register this as a bug or a suggested improvement (depending on how you define it -- I consider it a bug).

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Sep 25, 2013 2:14 AM in response to darenrobbins

Hey there it is a bit buggy/fiddly but I think the notification centre items are driven off the alerts for each diary item. No alert no notification centre item. I've changed all my diary items to custom / relative alert ten minutes before (23:50) and now all day items appear in the all tab of notification centre on the day. So I can wake up and easily glance at what I have to do that day. They still don't appear in the today tab. Apple could we have a fix please.

Sep 25, 2013 9:12 PM in response to Laskoir

Several people have left message on here asking Apple to fix this problem. It's important to understand that this is a users forum -- not an Apple feedback forum. There's no guarantee that anyone from Apple will ever even read these posts.

I highly encourage EVERYONE to visit the Apple Feedback site at http://www.apple.com/feedback.

Log your complain, be specific, but brief. Tell them that you want this feature back. If Apple is like any other large corporation, this feedback will be logged, categorized and reviewed. If enough people complain, maybe this will get fixed. At the very least, some idiot calendar app programmer will have to defend why he took all-day events out of the app.

Again, please go to the Apple Feedback site and voice your discontent. Do it today.

Sep 29, 2013 7:30 PM in response to darenrobbins

I agree with LJH_CMH -

It's a real drag that Apple took away one of the most useful feature from the calender/ notification screens....

For whats its worth - I was at the Apple Store last week and was given this web address for submitting feedback to Apple. The Sales Associate said to submit your problem, questions, etc. and they usually get read and submitted furthur by an Apple team. He also said the more folks that submit the same issue the more likely it will get attention... I cant say that its entirley true but its worth a shot.

www.apple.com/feedback (then go to 'iPhone')

I mentioned how calender events weren't showing in my Notifications (mostly 'All Day' events), and how even after software resets, toggeling functions and reinstalling todays iOS 7.0.2 update, nothing worked.... I also spoke with 3 techs at the Apple store and 1 in Austin at Tech Support, all of which couldnt figure it out.

So please take a few minutes and go to the link and submit your issue.

Thx,

tbyrd

iOS 7 Notification Center does not show all-day events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.