Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Sim Error

After upgrading my 4s to iOS 7 I now get an invalid sim error, I tried reset all settings and data to start from scratch and now i get 'Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone'. I now cannot activate either from itunes or on the handset, any thoughts ?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 1:05 AM

the problem was resolved?

41 replies

Sep 19, 2013 5:12 AM in response to mr2jim

I am having the identical problem, even after restoring the iPhone 5 in recovery mode, reinstalling iOS 7, etc. I am seeing reports this morning that Apple is having problems with its activation servers: http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/18/apple-issues-internal-alert-for-iphone-activation -server-problem/

I got activation error messages after the restore process, so perhaps this is the root cause of the problem. Hopefully we will see a post by someone who has resolved it.

Sep 19, 2013 10:20 AM in response to mr2jim

I'm having the same problem with my Iphone 5. After upgrading to the iOS 7, I'm getting a SIM CARD FAILURE MESSAGE. When I turn it off and turn it on again it works properly for about half an hour but then I get the message again. I've already took the SIM CARD and put it back again and it did not solve the problem.Can anyone help? Should I go to apple store or sprint to get it fixed? Who's to blame, Apple or the carrier?

Sep 20, 2013 12:45 AM in response to mr2jim

After visiting my network providers store it turns out that my SIM is ruined. Tested with another sim of the same provider and it works fine. My SIM worked for over a year right up unitl the moment i applied the iOS7 update so either it ruined my sim or it is an incredible coincidence.

I know that this may be an unusual result bought thought i'd let you know what happened with mine.

Sep 21, 2013 2:00 AM in response to Rarareyes

Eventually got it working. Reset and restarted phone several times. Went to the phone company and they reset and got the sim card to work. I connected to my computer and restored the phone from back up. The sim card stopped working again. Went back to the store, reset and restarted several times. The sim card started working. Back to computer and completed a synch. It all started woring proerly. I guess temperamental is the word!

Sep 21, 2013 2:30 AM in response to mr2jim

Update: I also went to my provider Omantel, they tried the sim in another phone and confirmed it was corrutped, I bought another one and now phone works fine. If I had known the SIM could be corrupted like that from an update, I would not have wasted 4 hours trying to trouble shoot everything else:(

Oh well, working now:)

Sep 23, 2013 2:59 AM in response to mr2jim

hey guys.. I'm having the same problem too. Only started after the ios7 upgrade. Happen about 5 times within the first day of using ios7 on my iphone 5. What I've notice is that it happen whenever my signal to my carrier very weak and will drop out, but when I'm in the city for work it's fine and never get get that "no sim installed" message. Putting the evidence together I reckon some smart *** programmer thought they would use the carrier connection signal as a means to determine if a SIM card is installed, perhaps they didn't think that sometimes ppl do loose connection to carrier. anyways see what happens..

Sep 23, 2013 3:11 AM in response to mr2jim

I went to my mobile provider and they switched out the SIM without fuss, and everything has worked fine sine then. They just said it happens from time to time with updates, didn't seem too concerned about it. I didn't ask if they had seen more iPhones recently- should have done that I guess.

Anyway, I guess my advice is to try to get a new SIM if possible.

iOS 7 Sim Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.