Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Radio button in itunes11.1

After upgading to itunes 11.1 I don't have a radio tab. The tabs I have when in my music library are Songs, Albums, Artist, Genres, Playlist & Internet.

In my itunes general preferences there is a check box for "internet radio", it toggels on the internet tab. Under the internet tab there is a list of 25 genres on the left. It looks nothing like the itunes radio images on Apple.com.

When I go into the itunes store & click the itunes radio quick link I'm taken to my albums library. If I click the browes stations link in the itunes store, I'm taken to the stations page, but when I click on a station icon nothing happens.

This happens on a Mac Pro & Mac Book both running 10.6.8.

What am I missing?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 11:16 PM

11 replies

Sep 21, 2013 1:40 AM in response to dmb70

I was having the same problem, and I got it to work.

1. I went to preferences / parental / and checked "internet radio" to disable it, hit okay.
  2. Go back into preferences and uncheck it, hit okay.

That last thing seemed to readjust something inside iTunes and now I see "Radio" in the toolbar and can get into to iTunes radio, as well as the old "Internet" thing.

Some people have screen shots that show "Radio" in prefernces / general, but I don't. I only see "Internet Radio". But this doesn't seem to be an issue.

I hope this helps someone else.

May 29, 2014 2:22 AM in response to dmb70

It is not in the pull down menu anymore!

Have a look at the image:

look to the right ⚠ of the pull down menu ⚠ where you see "Music", now continue at that part and follow with your eyes to the right and look at the middle section: on the RIGHT click "Internet"

User uploaded file

Thats' not logic right? Internet radio should be in the pull down menu, right?

No Radio button in itunes11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.