Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperature can't read RAW files from my new Nikon D800. Help?

My Aperature is version 3.2.4 and I have done all the software updates. I shoot in both JPEG and RAW, but aperature can only read the JPEG's. Can anyone help?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:42 AM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2013 2:29 AM in response to kinaire

The Nikon D800 raw support was included in "digital camera raw update 3.11", and that is the only one that I cannot find online any longer.

The raw support for Nikon D800 has now been moved directly into the latest MacOS X Releases - for MacOS X 10.7 it is built into MacOS X 10.7.4 or later, see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4757

and for Mt. Lion it is included in all releases, see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5371

But according to this list: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3825, if you are still using Snow Leopard, you will need the raw support from "digital camera raw update 3.11". What is the latest raw support you installed?

Regards

Léonie

Sep 19, 2013 9:49 AM in response to kinaire

Hi, I have a D800 and just now verified by booting into Snow Leopard, and Aperture 3.2.4 that its NEF files are compatibile. Furthermore I checked to see the latest Digital Camera RAW it had been updated with -- it was 3.14.

In addition, my memory is that I once did a special test having found 3.11 to have been withdrawn, and that updating to 3.14 without having made the 3.11, supported the D800.

So, Leonie's question about the latest update you have made is key to resolving your issue.

I currently am using both Lion on one Mac, and Mt Lion on another, and thuse much later DCR updates, but the D800 was supported quite early, and should work on your system.

Ernie

Sep 20, 2013 9:53 PM in response to Ernie Stamper

Thanks for your replies. My Aperature version is 3.2.4 so should be ok. I'm wondering if I have to upgrade the operating system, in which case should I wait for Maverick? Or could it possibly be a setting on my camera? I have installed the ViewNX2 disc that came with my camera, and can see the RAW files on that, but would really like to stick with Aperature. Friends have also suggested switching to Lightroom, but again I prefer to stick with what I already know which is Aperature.....

Sep 21, 2013 4:38 AM in response to kinaire

With Aperture open, click on Aperture in the top command bar, and choose About Aperture. What version of Camera Digital RAW is said to be installed?

With Aperture 3.2.4 running in 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard as in the description of my test above) you should be able to open your RAWs from your D800. But with 10.6.8, you must separately install the latest Digital Camera RAW offered in Software Update -- what is that?

Ernie

Aperature can't read RAW files from my new Nikon D800. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.