Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 freezes since 10.8.5 update

Hi,

I don't know if others have the same issue, but my MBA freezed 2 times since I updated to 10.8.5, that's why I'm wondering if it's related ... I did not dig in log files to search for the root cause.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:25 AM

14 replies

Sep 20, 2013 12:24 PM in response to cscetbon

It took almost three hours to run the combo update as suggested by dominic23. The system crashed when I tried to open the .dmg file, rebooted, opened the .dmg, ran the package and it crashed two hours into the install. I re-rebooted in 'safe mode' (reboot, hold shift key down after chime) and ran the combo update again.

Success, I think. The system seems snapier than it did after the original update to 10.8.5.

If I have further problems I will post them.

Thanks dominic23!

Sep 25, 2013 1:02 PM in response to cscetbon

I found it!

after douzens of reboots and often failiers - even safe boots! I cleaned the PRam

hold down command alt P and R after the chimms on the boot up and make it three times booting up holding down the keys.

then after the third chimms you press SHIFT. it boots up in safe mode.

use your WIFI (ethernet hangs the mac) and download OnyX from titanium. make shure you pick the correct version for your OSX!

http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadonyx.php

install and run the app.

it fixed all the mess of update 10.8.5.

free at last. -thanks aplle for making an update look like Microsoft.

2 freezes since 10.8.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.