Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Home Sharing with Ios7 Ipad

Upgraded Ipad to Ios7 (what was I thinking) and now have upgraded Itunes on my laptop to 11.1

Music and Video apps on my Ipad show my Itunes Library Name correctly, but wont load them, after 30secs or so,comes up with "Unable to turn on home sharing".

Remote App does the same.

Home sharing is turned on in Itunes and on the Ipad (it found the library name after all).

Anyone else encountered this or know of a solutuion/work around?

Cheers

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:45 AM

6 replies

Sep 19, 2013 3:31 AM in response to Anadon25

I have a similar issue.... But on my iPhone, I have yet to try my iPads etc. HS worked fine last night, but I had to clean install iOS7 due to some anomalies. Since doing so, HS will not verify.

And yet it shows my library in Videos and Music and even connects in Music... But it does not connect in Videos...? And when adding it to Remote, it states that it is unavailable at present and to try in a few minutes.

Odd behaviour...?

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions to hand.

Thanks.

Nov 18, 2013 7:07 PM in response to Anadon25

Hello Anadon25,

I've been having the same problems and have even taking my laptop, external 6TB drive and my iPad down to the Apple store. I've done this twice and we've set everything up and it worked just fine. Over this past weekend I was reading some litature on the Apple Extreme about the dual band and I started thinking. Could my devices be accessing my network on different bands and that's my issue. So I manually forced them all to the same band and BANG everything is working. Perfectly. Even all our ATV no long require us to restate them every time. Something so simple...I hope this helps.

W

Itunes Home Sharing with Ios7 Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.