Previous 1 151 152 153 154 155 Next 2,540 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2014 1:54 PM by deggie Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • modular747 Level 6 Level 6 (17,290 points)

    I don't think anyone is enraged, just dissatisfied.

    With apologies to John McEnroe, you cannot be serious!.

     

    Can you agree that there is room for improvement at least?

    Absolutely!  If you read this thread, I've made several posts with suggestions, some of which have been implemented (not at my behest, I'm sure).  I still have a significant list.  Everything, however can be fixed and none have ever made me or anyone I know want to go back as the "solution"

    Most everyone I know or talk to with an iPhone or iPad liked ios6 better

    Just the opposite for me.

     

    That's what the original post was about, going back to ios6. Not to "defend" the new version. Why do you follow these posts if you don't care to go back to ios6?

    Why do you continue to complain about iOS 7 when you know you can't go back and there is no purpose other to whine?

     

    Why don't you at least make constructive suggestions? 

  • ViperSK1 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Too funny. That made my day.

  • modular747 Level 6 Level 6 (17,290 points)

    Is normal not to understand it as was designed not to follow logic.

     

    So, you really are confused by iOS 7!

  • fromsouth Level 4 Level 4 (3,735 points)

    Allan, mind if I use that for my avatar? Please...

  • Marius Av Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Not anymore. It is a learning curve. Now I only have moments when I am puzzled by the choices made in GUI. But I know nobody who needed to learn iOS 5 or 6. Thank you Ive

  • jonfromdaleville Level 2 Level 2 (440 points)

    keeasti wrote:

     

    jonfromdaleville wrote:

     

    keeasti wrote:

    People have a right to opinions and by you repeating the same mantra over and over again in your passive-aggressive way doesn't make the truth go away. 

     

    You have no right to an opinion on this forum.

    Hahaha ... seems that way.

    I was serious, this is not an opinion forum. Please refrain from posting your opinions. If you have any questions read the Terms of Use.

  • keeasti Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    modular747 wrote:

     

     

    So, is this good design?

     

    I see what you mean.  That must be extremely disturbing to you.  In fact, the design is surely OCD unfriendly and may violate the Americans with Disabilities Act on that basis.

    Shame on you.

     

    <Edited By Host>

  • keeasti Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Marius Av wrote:

     

    Not anymore. It is a learning curve. Now I only have moments when I am puzzled by the choices made in GUI. But I know nobody who needed to learn iOS 5 or 6. Thank you Ive

    Hear hear

    At least they copied the slide up panel from Android. Now just need to get the colours sorted

  • Bob Hickman Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    This is a most entertaining discussion.  I am one of the followers of this thread who finds the added features in ios7 worth the upgrade. Activation lock being one of the best.  I get a kick out of all the posts with "HELP, how do I get past the activation lock?"  How about "do not buy a stolen phone or ipad."

     

    The flat icons. Yes that was a poor decision IMHO.  But I can still tell what icon brings up my music, and my notes, and my pictures, etc. ...  I really do not spend all that much time stairing at my icons.

     

    My iPad 3, iphone 4s, and 5,  all seem to operate just fine under iOs7.04.  Hopefully those with issues can follow the reset suggestions and get back lost functionality.

     

    After a few days on ios7, I sent my feedback to Apple.  Hopefully everyone else who is not happy with ios7 will send in their detailed dislikes. 

     

    Oh dang, I think I have violated the ToU's.  Hopefully I will get a waiver.

  • Ronda Wilson Level 8 Level 8 (41,010 points)

    SPQR42 wrote:

     

    http://uxcritique.tumblr.com

     

     

    sums up ios 7

     

    Well, I don't even own an iOS device, and it seems pretty intuitive to me. A little messing around with it, and you would soon have it figured out, I would think.

     

    It works a lot like Mac OS. The two are converging, would be my guess.

  • lkrupp Level 4 Level 4 (3,435 points)

    It's highly likely the moderators have left this thread alone for now. It lets the haters get it out of their systems. They can predict all the doom and gloom they want. They can post all the links to like-minded individuals they can find. None of it makes one bit of difference. iOS 7 is here to stay, it's being accepted by the vast majority, there's no going back. Let 'em scream at the top of their lungs, make threats, write tomes of vitriol. We oldtimers have seen this all before. The move from OS 9 to OS X, the move from PPC to Intel processors, the end of support for PPC code by removing Rosetta, the 1997 release of the new iMac without a floppy disk drive, the list goes on. All were met with outrage and predictions of doom. The move to Intel was particularly vitrolic. The haters will eventually get tired, cry themselves to sleep so-to-speak.

     

    So your little violation of the Terms of Use are to be forgiven.

     

    And with all this outrage and doom Apple is worth over 1/2 Trillion dollars once again, iPhones and iPads are selling like hotcakes head for yet another record quarter of sales.

  • SPQR42 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    IKrupp you are totally right in what you say no matter what we say how ever many links we put Apple will not take any notice.  iOS 7 is here to stay but you must admit the have put a lot of options with each update because people have been unhappy with iOS my little pony/hello kitty and the next update has even more options to try and get people to like this iOS. I have tried to like this iOS but just have stopped trying to be honest. I really don't want a iOS on my mobile phone that looks like every other OS thats on the market it looks like a android and windows all in one when I look at my iPhone . I have iOS 6 on my ipad . I had to erase and go back to factory settings twice because Because this new iOS keeps downloading  now I just turn off the wifi when charging so it can't download as for my iPhone it looks like it belongs to a six year old child with iOS 7 on it. I have used Apple for many years and for me I'm just losing interest in Apple now . I will carry on using iOS 6 as long as I can and I will get a used iPhone sometime with iOS 6  after that it don't really make a difference android window iOS 7 the all look more or less the same very Flat user interface that is my last comment on the subject to one and all have a happy Christmas .

  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (77,680 points)

    SPQR42 wrote:

     

    IKrupp you are totally right in what you say no matter what we say how ever many links we put Apple will not take any notice.

    Totally untrue.

    Feedback does get reviewed & evaluated.

    However, this doesn't mean it will get implemented.

    The more feedback that does get input, the more likey it will be to have an impact.

  • lkrupp Level 4 Level 4 (3,435 points)

    SPQR42 wrote:

     

    that is my last comment on the subject to one and all have a happy Christmas .

     

    We'll see. We'll see.

  • keeasti Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Chris CA wrote:

     

    SPQR42 wrote:

     

    IKrupp you are totally right in what you say no matter what we say how ever many links we put Apple will not take any notice.

    Totally untrue.

    Feedback does get reviewed & evaluated.

    However, this doesn't mean it will get implemented.

    The more feedback that does get input, the more likey it will be to have an impact.

    Phew ... at least one high leveler who seems to speak some sense. Hopefully the UI will be improved with the incremental updates. The real point is that I am totally flabbergasted that so many booboo's were allowed out into the wild and need user feedback to point them out. It is Apple after all and not anybody else, which is why I think there has been such a reaction.