Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iOS 7 do we have delivery reports for SMS

I mean can we see if a message is delivered or not

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:52 AM

16 replies

Oct 4, 2013 10:22 AM in response to Udeept

There are always the same explanations from Apple and anywhere else - that function is network dependent. So what. It is implemented in all other phones. Except iPhones. And I must say, this is the most annoying thing ever.

I never know if my message was delivered or not. It happened I had sent msg to wrong or old nr. Confirmation or lack just gave me signal there is something wrong...

IOS 7 finally could have this. I know it is possible. So please, Apple, make it for rest of the world. It will not harm US users. And will not generate security bridge.

Nov 16, 2013 6:40 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

It may be your most desired feature. To say that it's THE most desired feature is pure, baseless conjecture.

Submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

It is users' request, not insgnificant. This request shall not be considered as matter of discussion neither treated as "Miss America election". Feature is as basic as GSM history. My Siemens S6 had it in 1997 already.

iPhone is only device without sms confirmation feature option implemented. When implemented, nobody forces turning on and use it. I would, I hoped all the years, that someone in Apple will look a bit outside US market and networks.

Your claim of "pure, baseless conjecture" is pretending to be blind and deaf on claims.

It is request. Exists. Swallow it and stop bashing.

Nov 16, 2013 7:21 AM in response to Jasper:JT

Jasper:JT wrote:

It is users' request, not insgnificant. This request shall not be considered as matter of discussion

As it turns out, my opinion here is just as valid as yours or that of the person to whom I was responding. As you seem to have not understood what I wrote, I'll clarify. I did not say it was an insignificant request, just that there was no evidence it was the most significant request. I find hyperbole to be a hindrance in providing technical support.

I also provided the correct link to make Apple aware of your desire for such a feature. If it's that important to you, let Apple know.

Best of luck.

Dec 3, 2013 11:26 AM in response to Udeept

Hello,

There is a workaround. Add an exclamation point (!) as first character of your sms. Your provider will remove the exclamation point and send you a delivery report. Just tested it and it works.

Only for sms, not imessage, they only give reports when sender has activated read receipts as stated above. Never the less, submit request to apple to add feature :)

This is not easiest way, but if it is important to you it is the only way for the time being.

Greets, Madmin

Apr 26, 2014 12:53 AM in response to Udeept

Some people seem to be confusing delivery reports and read receipts. A delivery report is notification that the message has successfully reached the recipient's phone. A read receipt is notification that the message was opened by the recipient. Please be aware that they are not the same thing.

It is true that a user can opt in or out of returning read receipts to the sender. I am in the UK and (feel free to correct me, but) to my knowledge, there is no network here that allows a recipient to opt out of returning delivery reports to the sender. Regardless of whether networks support delivery reports or not, iPhone doesn't even have a feature or setting to activate them anyway.

Back to the original subject - lesser phones than iPhone have provided SMS delivery reports for over a decade now. In today's level of technology, it seems like a very basic feature. For that reason, I've never understood Apple's failure to implement them. This feature doesn't seem like a lot to ask for. I for one would like to see them brought in, as not every person I send a text to has iMessage. If I have to call a person to confirm they received a message, it defeats the purpose (and the convenience) of a text in the first place.

Sep 20, 2015 5:27 AM in response to debasishsengupta

debasishsengupta wrote:

this is not a solution ....... A delivery report or notification is a MUST

Despite it being a "must", many of us lead happy, fulfilling lives without it. Delivery notification for SMS is not and never has been a feature of the iPhone. If it's that all fired important to you, you'll need to get a different type of phone.

Submit your feedback to Apple requesting such a feature here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

In iOS 7 do we have delivery reports for SMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.