Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7.0

Rolled up to IOS 7 yesterday. While it contains some nice new features, I was wondering if there was a way to change the fonts and style of areas like the phone dial pad, keyboards, mail (especially), icons, etc. the UI in these areas are terrible. They look very cheap and not at all professional.

Barring that, the new features are not worth the cartoonish UI. Is there a way to roll back to the previous IOS or am I stuck with this hideous user interface?

Will Apple consider changing its UI again to suit the business level folks who don't need to have a phone that has a UI designed for the "tween" crowd?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 4:55 AM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2013 8:17 AM in response to sehicks

I agree with sehicks,

IOS6 had a more professional and sleeker look. IOS7 looks like something created by Disney not Apple. I am sure some functionality might be upgraded, but the user interface just looks awful. I hope Apple adds a user customizable desktop/icon look to suit a more professional look.

Makes you wonder whether Apple will maintain its unique cutting edge identity and user appeal almost always achieved by Steve Jobs or whether it will meander down the road of mediocrity achieved by Microsoft and many others in the tech industry. I had a fear this might happen.

Sep 20, 2013 10:43 AM in response to sehicks

You can change the font size ad boldness from Settings->General->Text Size,

and Settings->General->Accessibility->Larger Text and Bold Text.

There is no supported way of downgrading to previous iOS versions. However you may Gogole alternative ways of doing it but know that you are on your own and if something goes wrong in the downgrade process your warranty may be voided and Apple will not offer any support for it.

We cannot discuss how to downgrade here due to the Terms of service of these forums, but google should offer lots of hits for it currently.

IOS 7.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.