Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other apps not pausing playback of Podcast App?

I have two other apps I use regularly which control music playback: a sleep timer called iTired and a fitness app called Runtastic. These simply don't work with the podcast app!

iTired doesn't show the currently playing podcast, instead it shows the last played item in music app.

Runtastic speaks updates during a running or other workout session. If there is music or an audiobook playing, it pauses them while speaking. Now, with the Podcast App, it talks over the top of the podcast audio.

This wasn't a problem before as the music app included a podcast tab, and other apps could control the playback of podcasts through that just the same as any other audio. Now, with the Podcast App being the ONLY way for my iphone to even SEE podcasts on my iPhone, this is a big problem.

Does anyone else have the same problem with other apps controlling music and audiobooks but not, with the Podcast App, podcasts?

Before anyone says "The Podcast App has a sleep timer": I know! It doesn't have the same functionality as iTired or other sleep timer apps though. This is a bigger problem than a single app not working correctly, but, as far as I can tell, no other app being able to control the playback of podcasts AT ALL with iOS 7, purely due to the new division of podcast playback from all other audio.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 5:17 AM

There are no replies.

Other apps not pausing playback of Podcast App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.