Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rolling Stones Radio - One song out of 10 is a Rolling Stones song, all other songs chosen are the opposite of the Rolling Stones! has anyone else experienced this? With Pandora If I choose an artist I want to listen to Most are by that artist and the o

Rolling Stones Radio - One song out of 10 is a Rolling Stones song, all other songs chosen are the opposite of the Rolling Stones! has anyone else experienced this? With Pandora If I choose an artist I want to listen to Most are by that artist and the o

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 6:14 AM

14 replies

Sep 20, 2013 3:27 PM in response to Bud Warren

Bud Warren wrote:

So, if you were in a restaurant and from the menu you ordered the new house specialty, Salmon, and they brought you Chicken you would be OK with that.

No I would not. In fact, I would stop going there and start going to a restaurant that served the food the way I like it, which is exactly what I recommended to you in my previous response.

Oct 24, 2013 3:28 PM in response to Bud74

To play the songs as you like exact from the same artist you must purchase the albums. Pandora bases the choices as Ed has said on algorithms to play songs similar in that genre just as Genius in iTunes picks out similar songs in the same genres in a similar process.

iTunes radio or Pandora is not a record player!

Thanks!

Oct 24, 2013 5:23 PM in response to Bud Warren

The "problem" Bud74/Bud Warren is that you are hearing correct answers but you don't want to listen to them. It was never stated that by selecting a radio station by a single artist that all or even most of the songs would be by that artist. iTunes algorithms will select "similar" songs to the type that artist makes.

As was pointed out if you prefer the way that Pandora does their stations, then listen to Pandora.

And BTW - your "example" of the restaurant is completely from left field IMHO.

Oct 25, 2013 10:12 PM in response to Bud74

No I have not had the same issue as you - there it has been answered in a way that you hopefully can understand.

If you have nothing nice to say then please go elsewhere for your rant.

Radio is about variety regardless of what the title of the station implies. If you only want to hear one artist then go buy their music and play only their music.

MJ

Oct 25, 2013 10:24 PM in response to Bud Warren

In order to get results closer to what you want add more artists of the same flavor that you are looking for. If I wanted a classic rock 60's and 70's station I would add The Rolling Stones, Guns and Roses, Led Zepplin, The Who, and maybe later add The Animals, The Beatles, or The Allman Brothers Band depending on how I wanted to shape my station. More artists in your station = more fine tuned station to your tastes. It is illegal for companies offering this kind of service to play back to back music from the same artists as defined by the RIAA, but in short loading your station with artists that have the style you like will help you get more of the Stones than other artists, especially if you choose "Play more like this" on every Stones song, and the options to Variety or Discovery to get some of their great songs that weren't played on the radio or didn't make it into the Billboard Top 100. More is what you want.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.