Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update - Network Problem

I'm trying to update the software on my Mac. I click on 'Software Update' but all I get is 'Software Update can’t connect to the update server. Make sure you’re connected to the Internet, and then try again'.

I checked my network diagnostics and there is nothing wrong with my internet connection. Any idea's about what could be wrong here?

Mac Pro, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 6:28 AM

1 reply

Sep 19, 2013 8:45 AM in response to napamute

Be patient. Try again in a day or two. There were no critical OS X updates released in the last 24 hours.

Apple servers are incredibly busy because there are several hundred million iOS device users all trying to update their iPhones, iPads and iPod touches to the latest release for mobile devices, iOS 7, just released yesterday, September 18th, 2013.

Expect a similar flurry of server activity when the next Mac OS X, version 10.9 "Mavericks" is released, perhaps in October. Even though there are far fewer Mac users than iPhone users, major OS X release downloads are much larger.

Software Update - Network Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.