Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot rearrange Apps in itunes 11.1 or iphone 5 IOS 7

I cannot rearrange my apps in itunes 11.1. Click on the individual app and try to drag to the next page and the entire page moves, not the individual app.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:16 AM

You'll want to double-click a page in order to re-arrange the apps on it.

11 replies

Nov 18, 2013 4:55 PM in response to davidmintzer

Same problem here with iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3. I believe y'all that it's supposed to work, but ****, it just doesn't!

I've tried moving some on the iPhone. I tried doing a full resync. I tried quitting iTunes and restarting. Just... nada. I've got 133 apps installed, some of which are of marginal use, so I'd really like to group them off on a back page and organize my most used items up front. This was so easy in iOS 6, so I'm wondering what gives.

Nov 25, 2013 5:06 AM in response to elisio

Using iTunes 11.1.3.8, iOS7 on iPad Air. Finally figured out how to rearrange apps using the iTunes interface. Just double click the page with the app you want to move, single click and hold to select the app (make the X appear), then while holding your left mouse button move the app off the page to the blank area to the right of the pages (which minimizes the original page), drag the app over to the page where you want it (or to the correct group on that page), and release. Don't forget to click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen.

Jun 6, 2014 2:31 PM in response to Fourty-four

I don't see the mini iphone/ipad screen in iTunes like I remember when I select my device in itunes. I don't know what you mean by "double click the page with the app". What page? I don't see anything but a list of my apps with buttons that say install or remove. I'm synced up, I just would rather organize them into folders in itunes, since it's easier. I tried doing it on iphone, but somehow they all got expanded again and I gave up. Grrrr!. How hard is it?

Cannot rearrange Apps in itunes 11.1 or iphone 5 IOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.