Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ENERGY SAVER ON IOS7? CMON'!

The iOS7 has a few pretty impressive features, especially the Control Center... but they forgot to copy something Android did very easy: ENERGY SAVER.

For years Apple has been giving tons of tips to improve battery life, most of them require many, many steps, if you want to do them all at once. This is extremely necessary if you want to go to sleep with 76% of battery and wake up with 75%, not 31%.

I was so, so hopeful Apple would include this in the new iOS:

http://rariasjr.com/2013/02/01/ios-7-wishlist-energy-saver-mode-cmon-apple/

In the control center you can't find location services, LTE on/off, vibrate on/off, etc., etc. all the tips Apple itself recommends to avoid crying about your battery.

CMON' APPLE! Please, please add it to the Control Center, battery saver in ONE click, not twenty.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:15 AM

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

16 replies

Sep 19, 2013 8:24 AM in response to paulcb

Thanks for the feedback link, but I'm pretty sure hundreds of people already complained about an energy mode years ago. This is not a crazy request. I can't believe they did the Control Center very similar to Android and they didn't put the cooles and most necessary feature of all.

Every night I have to click 12-20 times before going to sleep to improve battery life... kind of nonsense in such a smart phone.

Sep 19, 2013 9:09 AM in response to paulcb

Because it's not recommended to over charge it. Why is so difficult to have a one single click to improve battery? Especially now that we have the Control Center where you can do that with Wifi, Bluetooth, Airplane, etc. Actually the energy saver would be used much more than the airplane mode. Unless you're a frequent flyer you don't urgently need that shortcut.

Sep 19, 2013 9:17 AM in response to goldfilm

You cannot overcharge any iOS device.... charging is controlled by the device, not the charger. It will stop charging when full. I plug my device in every chance I get and often times overnight.

I think a engery saving mode would be good but I have no control over that. Everyone here is just a user like yourself.

Sep 19, 2013 9:59 AM in response to goldfilm

goldfilm wrote:

Because it's not recommended to over charge it. Why is so difficult to have a one single click to improve battery? Especially now that we have the Control Center where you can do that with Wifi, Bluetooth, Airplane, etc. Actually the energy saver would be used much more than the airplane mode. Unless you're a frequent flyer you don't urgently need that shortcut.

Apple has not produced a product, not one single product, that has not had over-charge protection built in for more than a decade now. It has not been possible to overcharge any iOS device ever made, and it has never been necessary to unplug them when fully charged for any reason.

Sep 19, 2013 10:05 AM in response to goldfilm

Pardon the *facepalm*

We're in the 21st century, not the Ni-Cad non-timer charger era.

All Apple devices have been designed to handle multiple charging events/scenarios/methods. And the most common one is the event the one where the phone is plugged in all night.

When you see the plug symbol on the battery on your iDevice/Mac... it means the system is running on external power and that the battery is charged.

Sep 19, 2013 10:10 AM in response to chattphotos

Well, let's assume nothing happens if the phone is charged overnight.

STILL the battery drains quicker if you do not follow the on/off tips during the day, and the battery life is not optimized if it's eight hours a day plugged in. And let's be honest, a smartphone is also made for productivity, why taking 20 steps for things you could do in one?

I'd love —and many people that I've read in other forums— to see the energy saver feature that the Android has. It's just an icon in the Control Center... and it would make users happy.

Sep 19, 2013 10:36 AM in response to goldfilm

Well, let's assume nothing happens if the phone is charged overnight.

That is always the case.

Personally, I'm at university, so campus wifi + apartment wifi means there is minimum data usage. I leave wifi on all day, no need to toggle it on/off. I don't use bluetooth unless I drive (which is not daily)

Battery lasts all day and some with light messaging, email, social. Measurements from 8am-5pm battery will usually reach 28-40% depending on the usage.

To note, this is still measurements from iOS 6.1.3 so I can't say about i7 yet.

Tell us, what do you do with your phone on a daily basis?

Sep 19, 2013 11:52 AM in response to chattphotos

I use the phone, use whatsapp, surf Safari, use Foursquare to check in, use Evernote, Waze every once in a while, pictures and videos, Instagram every once in a while, read the newspaper, listen to music, sometimes Pandora...

It happened a few times that I was in the street at less than 10% of battery and the phone simply died. I'd rather take care of the battery as much as possible. And one easy click would be smart, quick and productive.

Sep 19, 2013 12:22 PM in response to goldfilm

Remember, batteries aren't infinite...

You're using the phone like the average Joe, so no problem there.

Batteries are a bit finiky when less than 10% There is a cutoff and sometimes it's reached a bit faster than expected.

Can you check your total usage hours? And reply with the numbers you see after a full days use of the phone.

(Settings > General > Usage > (scroll down) > Time since last full charge)

If you see 8-9 hours, your phone is functioning normally.

When on wifi all the time, battery life will increase quite a bit.

Get an external battery pack if you have to keep going a bit longer.

Seriously though, stop worrying about taking care of the battery (because that's the phone's job) and start enjoying your phone!

ENERGY SAVER ON IOS7? CMON'!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.