Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not being found by ipad devices since ios 7 update

Hi ,

Can anyone help? I updated my ipad 3 and ipad mini last night and now they will not recognise Apple TV via the remote app or mirror from the ipads. I have re-switched on homeshareing on all devices and have tried rebooting too.

Thank you

Anita

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 4:59 PM

I don't know if our issues are the same but just in case, try waking the Apple TV up first by the little hand held remote that came with the Apple TV. I've found that once the Apple TV is awake the remote app on my phone can find it and connect. If it's not awake it just spins and then says it can't locate an Apple TV. Of course that totally defeats the purpose of a remote app. I'm assuming this is an iOS 7 problem since prior to it I had no problems.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2013 4:59 PM in response to a m w

I don't know if our issues are the same but just in case, try waking the Apple TV up first by the little hand held remote that came with the Apple TV. I've found that once the Apple TV is awake the remote app on my phone can find it and connect. If it's not awake it just spins and then says it can't locate an Apple TV. Of course that totally defeats the purpose of a remote app. I'm assuming this is an iOS 7 problem since prior to it I had no problems.

Apple TV not being found by ipad devices since ios 7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.